19

Abigail's POV :

I probably passed out after we dropped in to the water but soon I regained my consciousness. Looking around was difficult but I somehow spotted an unconscious Darcy drowning. Quickly slamming my hands around, I swam towards him when my eyes caught something shining in the water.

I paused for a minute and realised that it was the Quahog's locket, that fell off my pants.

Currently, I was stuck right in between the two. A Noah-free future with all the money I could possibly get was on one side while Darcy on the other.

" How am I even wondering about this? The choice is so obvious. ", I thought to myself and quickly swam towards Darcy.

I grabbed onto his hands and started swimming upwards. Soon, we were nearing the shore. As Darcy was taller and bulkier than me, it was harder for me to swim but somehow we reached the land and I pulled him up.

" Da-Darcy? Darcy? ", I called for him but he didn't budge or move.
I didn't have much skill regarding saving someone in situations like this but I still had to do something so I quickly started pumping down on his chest. It seemed to work at first as some water escaped from his mouth but he still wasn't breathing.

" What do I do? What should I do? ", I looked around when I noticed his leg that was bleeding profusely. There was a thin trail of blood from the water bank to where he laid so I knew I had to stop the bleeding, before it got any worse. Tearing my sleeves, I wrapped it around the bruise.

" I can't believe you are in such a terrible state and that too because of me! Why didn't you just listen to me when I asked you to leave... ", I spoke to his unconscious body when I realised the tears that were welling up in my eyes.

How long has it been since I've cried...
but I couldn't keep it in anymore.

" Pl-Please... ", I let out a sob and looked down when I heard him let out a groan along with some cough. Noticing that he was waking up, I let out a sigh of relief.

" Ab— Aby? ", He called for me in the softest tone.

" I'm here. ", I said and he smiled reassuringly.

" Thank you for choosing me. ", Darcy said and his words made me a bit complexed.

" What do you me— ", I was about to enquire when he sat up and grabbed my shoulders.

" I was running out of air so my eyes were closing but I saw the locket. It was right there, falling down to the ocean depths but you swam towards me... so thank you for that. ", Darcy said accompanied by a rough sneeze.
" Mhm! I caught a cold already. "

" How would I possibly choose a locket over you? It had to be you. ", I spoke, not realising how cheesy those lines came out.

" I— okay. ", Darcy stuttered as his cheeks blushed red.

" Let's get out of here now. ", I said and got up just to realise that Darcy couldn't move his legs from that intense pain.

" It's a bit painful to move... ", He said, " but don't worry, I'll get up. "
Saying so, he struggled even more and it broke my heart into a million pieces.

How much more will he suffer?
I wish I can just put an end to all his sufferin—

Wait! I can!

Realisation shot up in my head.
While I was first learning hypnosis, I was told about how to do mind manipulation and memory erasing in case of emergency situations. If I can just erase all his memories of me right now, then he will return back to his normal life without Noah, all the goons, crime, pain and.... me.

I looked around the place to find a bright object that can catch his attention when my eyes stopped facing the sun.

The idea is far fetched and hard, but if I pull it off, I'll be successful.

" Darcy... ", I called out for him and he looked up.

" What? "

" I'm sorry. ", I apologized beforehand for what I was about to do and sat down in front of him, " but I'll keep my promise. "

" Abigail? What are you— "
*snap*

Darcy was hypnotised as he stared intently at the sun. My chest ached as I started my process, even though I wasn't sure if I could master it properly. Pointing out each and every moment we shared with each other, I asked him to forget and he seemed to follow through with it.

" Do you remember the time you and Abigail kissed near the bonfire? ", I asked and a smile appeared on Darcy's face. In all my years of hypnosis, I've never seen someone smile yet he smiled like a that.

" How can I not remember... ", He said.

" Fo— Forget it. ", I spoke, words barely coming out of my mouth. He has to forget me! This is the only way I can safeguard him because if he remembers me, I know that he'll go to any extent to save me and end up hurt himself.
I might have grown up in a crime filled world but I'm just not selfish enough to see anything bad happen to him.

Darcy nodded, indicating that he has forgotten the memory.

Forgotten, might be a strong word. Our memories can't be forgotten unless they wear out with time so it's probably being suppressed deep inside his brain where he won't be able to dive into.

As I was sure that I've suppressed each and every memory, I started some of my final question.

" Do you know Noah? ", I asked and I felt my head spin a bit, notifying that I'm going over board with the hypnosis and I should stop now.

" I don't recall that name. ", Darcy said and I let out a sigh of relief. It worked!

" Do you... ", I started with my final question and my vision got extremely blurry. " know Abigail? "

" ...Abigail? ", Darcy asked like he has just heard of my name so I assumed that he has forgotten me as well when my vision went completely blank and I fell on Darcy's chest. He fell on the ground as well, passing out instantly.

My head was bursting in pain and so was my heart, to realise that this is probably the last few moments I'll get with him. My hands went upto his face.

" I... ", I somehow managed to speak out. " I love you Darcy. "

---🚏