16

Darcy's POV :

After eating the meal, we decided to walk around the market before going back.

" Isn't it a bit chilly? ", Abigail asked as I felt the cold getting to me a bit. Her hands were around her body, covering as much as she could with that thin dress I got her.

I quickly took off my blazer and placed it on her.

" Won't you catch a cold? ", She asked as her hands pulled my blazer tightly around her.

" I can handle this much cold. ", I lied.

" I know how much cold you can handle. See, there's a bon fire. Let's sit next to it for sometime. ", Abigail said as she pointed at some people scattered all around a big campfire.
We walked over and sat down.
The warmth eased out the cold that I felt building in me.

" It's our last night, isn't it? ", I asked which caught her off guard.

" I guess... "

My chest tightened a bit as I heard her confirm my fear. It probably doesn't make sense but just the thought of her not being next to me was scary. It really has just been three days, I don't know why I already have such feelings for her.

I admit that when I first ran into Abigail, I expected to experience a vacation romance like I've seen in movies but now that we are actually together here, this experience coming to an end was traumatising me.

Why can't she just along come with me?

" Darcy? What are you thinking about? ", Abigail suddenly asked.

" I was thinking about going back home as well. After you leave, I don't think I would want to stay in Bedrock anymore. ", I said with a sigh.

" I totally ruined your vacation, didn't I? You came here to take some time off but you are now on run because of me. Doing labour just to keep me company! ", She suddenly said while shoving her head in her lap.

" Ru-Ruin? Abigail are you serious? You are going to be that memory I will cherish during a boring meeting or a long shower. You made everything even more memorable. ", I corrected her.

She looked away blushing.

" Okay enough about me, tell me about yourself. Your work, life... Girlfriend? Boyfriend? Tell me about them! ", Abigail suddenly returned such a question that I could not answer for a few minutes. I quickly collected my thought.

" Girl— friend? Oh... ", I laughed nervously. How do I tell her that I don't have or ever had one because I've been the awkwardest guy in this entire world. Somehow I wasn't like that when I'm with her though.
" I don't have one. "

As she heard me, a weird smug look appeared on her face.

" What? Quit looking at me like that! ", I demanded.

" Like what? "

" Like you are laughing at me! "

" I'm not! "

" Then you are smirking, definitely! "

" I'M NOT! I'm just a bit surprised okay? I mean, you are a pretty good person so I don't understand how you don't have one. You also have the looks and wealth so why are you still single! ", Abigail asked as she leaned a bit farther and looked at me.

" Is the Abigail Walters complimenting me? You called me a fossil yesterday! ", I whined.

" You know I was kidding! Honestly, if I was just an ordinary girl then I would have already been in lo— ", she was speaking with the flow but suddenly stopped.

Was she about to say love?

Would she have been with me if her world wasn't so different from mine?

" I just haven't been in love before... ", I answered, though I can't say the same now.
" But your first love was Noah, right? "

Abigail let out a laugh.

" Sadly yeah. I was kicked out of my house at fifteen and Noah was kind to me. At that time I didn't realize his true intentions so I blindly did what he asked me to do and by the time I could realise, I was already too deep into this mess. He's the reason I'm still alive but also why I'm living such a terrible life. ", She said, looking at the fire right in front of us.

" You were thrown out at fifteen? What kind of parents did you have! ", I gasped.

" After my dad died, my mother kind of lost her mind. She used to drink till she lost consciousness and then one day, she asked me to leave. I begged her not to but she threw me out nonetheless. ", Abigail shrugged when I remembered the first night we met and she cried to her mother in her sleep. I decided to change the topic.

" Do you still love Noah? ", I wondered.

" Nope. ", Abigail turned towards me, " I stopped loving Noah about years ago. I was with him because he's the leader and I had no reason to break up. I just played along till I found that he cheated on me. Then I ran away from him and here I am. Thriving! "

We let out a little chuckle.

I looked up at the sky and it felt a bit different than any other night. It was windy and cold but it also felt very stiff and tense. Almost like a deep set of emotions within me was surfacing.

" Aby... ", I called her out.
" I think I like you. "

Abigail almost choked on her own spit.

" I can't tell if you are joking or not! ", She said, her tone low.

" Stay with me for long enough and you might able to one day. ", I stood up. Every word we exchanged made my heart heavy so I decided that we should head back now. Abigail got up as well.

" You know we can't— ", she spoke so I started to walk when I felt her grab my hand and pull me back. Almost instantly I felt a cold sensation around my wrist. Looking down to check, I saw a men's bracelet.

" What is this? ", I turned bact at her and looked at the bracelet carefully. Silver coloured with golden markings on it, indicating two little lilies. It was so pretty!

" We'll be off to our own destinations tomorrow so I thought that I should give you th— ", she started but I shushed her.

" A parting gift. You really do want to get rid of me, don't you? ", I latched the bracelet tightly onto my wrist.
" Thanks. "

I turned around to leave when I felt her wrap her arms around my waist this time.

" Don't be like this Darcy. If you knew why I'm being like this then you would have probably understood but let's not make our last moments bitter. ", She said as I felt her face against my back.

" Aby... ", I turned around towards her.
Her face was so close to mine that I didn't even understand exactly what she had in her mind.
" I'm being too emotional right? I should say bye to you with a smile on my face but I keep thi— "

She pressed her lips on mine.

Electric shots went through my viens as I felt her lips against mine. My hands were frozen so I didn't know what to do with them while Abigail pulled me closer into the kiss. Her fingers went into my hair as our lips moved to fit each other perfectly.

After a minute she backed away from the kiss. My hands were still by my side as I was shocked.

" Sorry about that. I let my thoughts run wild for a second. Let's go. ", She moved but I realised that I had to return back the kiss. Pulling her back, I kissed her again. As one of my hand went behind her waist that pulled her even closer to me, the other hand gripped onto her face.
The butterflies in my stomach never stopped shaking my insides.

We slowly stopped moving our lips and opened our eyes. I saw Abigail with the light yellow tint from the fire, falling on her skin while her eyes sparkled.

---🚏