10

Darcy's POV :

*ring ring*
My phone ringtone broke my sleep. Eyes still shut, I tried to look for my phone till my hands reached it.

" Hello? ", I asked.

" Oh thank god you picked up. I was so worried all night because your father said that you caught a cold. Are you better now? Your voice sounds okay though. ", I heard the feminine voice on the other side and realised that it's my mom.

Opening my eyes, I sat up.

" I'm fine. You don't need to think about me all the time, mom. I'm thriving here. Falling sick is a part of having a good trip, isn't it? ", I said with a laugh and tried to look for Abigail's lighter that she gave me last night but I just couldn't find it.

Panic set in.

" Okay if you say so. I'll call later. ", Mom said and the call went dead. Throwing my phone away, I looked around intensely and I realised that not only is the lighter here but none of Abigail's stuff were. I only found my clothes and wallet in the room.

" She left... ", I sat down on the bed.
" I told her not to leave like this! I wanted to help her then why... "

Rummaging my hair a bit I stood up when I saw a note stuck on one side of the table. I pulled it out and started reading;

'Hey Darcy. You are probably pissed with me right now and rightfully so but it had to be done. You helped me as much as you could and I'm glad you did, but it's time you return back to where you belong. I'll collect the passport and fly away back to my hometown while you complete your trip and go back as well. Our fate has brought us together again and again so if fate wants, we'll meet again soon...
till then, goodbye.'

As I read the note, I felt the tears well up in my eyes. After taking care of me over night and spending such a good time with me, she left. Why does it hurt so bad though? Even my heart feels so heavy. I read and re-read the note, when I heard a knock on the door. Shoving the note down my pocket I opened it to see a hotel bell boy.

" You ordered for one chicken stew and a honey lemon juice. One packet of Tylenol and some water. Here. ", The boy said and handed me a tray filled with the mentioned food.

" I didn't order for these. ", I said.

" Oh I'm sorry, not you but some women ordered these before leaving. ", The boy bowed a bit and left. I closed the door and kept the tray on the side table.

" She keeps saying I shouldn't be next to her but then she does these things for me. I become the happiest every second I've spent with her and she has the audacity to think it's wrong. ", I muttered.

---

I packed up everything that I had and checked out from the hotel. Memories of yesterday flashed in my head again and again so I thought it's the best for me if I just get to the airport and leave. Bedrock now only reminds me of Abigail.

Plugging in some music, I took a bus and got down after a couple of stops. Everything felt strangely dull when I walked across a stationary shop. There wasn't anything that should have caught my eyes but I spotted a lighter that was almost identical looking to Abigail's.

Pulling it out of the stack, I looked at it carefully when I saw a huge group of people walking towards the opposite side. At first I didn't mind much except the fact that this side of the city is usually very deserted but then I looked close to realise the guy right in front was Noah.

Keeping the lighter back, I walked behind a big building and waited till they could pass. While talking and laughing, they reached near the building so I hid even further.

" Boss, I'm still kind of complexed as to why you are after Abigail? You definitely don't love her or even care about her so why are we still looking for her? ", One of the guys asked Noah, making me a bit intrigued of their conversation.

Noah stopped and faced the guy.

" Love? Who the fuck is gonna love that girl who won't even let me sleep with her. She is only good for her skills in hypnotism. I have planned to make a big loot and after she helps me out in this, I'll just put all the blame on her. Easy. ", he answered making my blood boil.

" This asshole. ", I muttered.

" But where is she? I think we have gone around the whole city and she keeps running away. ", Another guy asked when a Noah's phone started ringing. He picked it up and talked to the caller almost in a whisper so I couldn't hear a word.

" Guys! My informers said that they saw her last near the Bedrock Auction House. I think she went there to hide from me because Ralph stays there. We have to catch her before Ralph can take her in. ", He said and looked at his watch.

I quickly pulled out my phone and searched for Bedrock Auction house and it's about half an hour away from where I am right now. Checking further, I noticed that the roads are blocked so by car it will take over an hour.

" I have to reach as soon as possible and warm her about Noah. After that
... I'll go back. ", I decided and thought about getting a bike when I saw a man standing with his cycle parked on one side, smoking.

" Excuse me. Can I borrow your cycle for an hour? ", I asked and he frowned.

" Borrow? I don't lend shit. Go buy it from a shop. ", He rolled his eyes and puffed out another round of smoke

" There isn't a shop nearby. Please. I need to go somewhere as soon as possible so I beg of you. ", I pleaded to him when I saw his lips turn into a smirk.

" One thousand dollars. ", He smiled. " And this cycle is yours. "

" O-One thousand? That's way too much! ", I groaned to which he threw his cigerate and faced me.

" Then goodbye. ", He laughed as he was about to mount his cycle but I pulled it away from him. Taking out the money from my wallet, I handed it to him and threw him off it. The man, now on the ground cursed me out but I just started peddling.
After tedious cycling for half an hour, I spotted the auction house. Slowing down, I parked it and tried to look for Abigail when I saw a big guy about to trip down so I ran upto him and caught him before he fell.

" Careful. Are you okay? ", I asked the man. He somehow stood up and let out a breath of relief.

" Thank you so much, I was just looking ar- wait? Are you new to this area because I've never seen you here. No one usually comes here because it's not a tourist spot so who might you be? ", He asked suspiciously.

" I'm just looking for someone. ", I said.

" If they are here I will know them. Come with me. You look dried out so eat in my shop and I'll take you to who ever you want to find. ", He reassured me.

" Look mister, I genuinely appreciate your offer but can you please just take me to her. It's urgent. ", I folded my hands.

A laughter left the man's mouth as he pulled me into a one sided hug.

" Okay will do but don't call me Mister, just call me Ralph. ", He said.

---🚏