15

Abigail's POV :

We went out of the Auction house and walked down the street, where a lot of restaurants were present. As we strolled down the road, I spotted a small gift shop.

" Darcy, can you go ahead and make a reservation? I'll be back in a minute. ", I said and he complied. Making sure that he's gone, I walked into the shop.

" Hello ma'am, how can I help you? ", the shopkeeper asked.

" I want a bracelet for a man. Like... How do I explain it? Like a parting gift? ", I said and her face softened a bit.

" Are you going to break up? ", She asked.

" Not really. It's for a friend who I might not meet again. Do you have something? ", I clarified and she nodded. Pulling out a small box, she showed me the bracelet it in. It was silver with golden markings of flowers.
" It's pretty... "

" Do you see this? It is two lilies. They symbolize parting. The quality of the bracelet is good as well so it won't wear off. ", She said and I realised that there couldn't have been a better gift.

" Thank you. Pack it for me. ", I said and she did. While I pulled out the last few money I had left, I calculated and waited for her finish.
" Can I ask you something? "

I nodded.

" I think you are the one breaking a relationship here but as I see your face, it feels like even you yourself don't want to do it. I can sense that the parting is going to hurt you because your face looks in pain. ", The elderly woman spoke, making me emotional enough to get tears right at the brim.

It hurts more every second.

" I wish I was selfish enough to not break this friendship. Sometimes, even though it hurts, you have to do certain things. He's a very gullible guy who thinks everything is a movie and has no consequences. He even befriended someone like me because he's so kind. How can I possibly stay beside him knowing it's gonna hurt him in the long run? ", I asked when I felt a tear escape my eyes. I quickly looked away and wipe it off.

Her hands grasped onto mine.

" I know almost nothing about this friend of yours but I don't think he's just gullible or kind. It feels like he's in love with you. ", She said making me look at her in surprise.

" W-We only know each other for a few days. It's not possible! ", I said strictly.

" Sometimes it takes forever to love someone but sometimes, it takes just a moment. ", She said and handed me the gift box.
" And what are you saying? It's so obvious that even you love him. "

" I don't! ", I said even though I wasn't a hundred percent sure of myself either.

The woman smiled and took the money from me.

" If that's what you say dear. ", She stated so I quickly got out of there. Hiding the box behind me, I rushed to the restaurant to see Darcy sitting and looking at the menu.

" Hey! ", I call out and sat in front of him.

" What took you so long? ", He asked and handed me the menu.

" I was looking around at the market for a minute. We will be leaving tomorrow so we probably won't get time to see. " I replied and started looking through the menu.
" What are you ordering? I'll eat some spicy noodles. ", I pointed out.

" Okay, I'll eat some of that as well. ", He copied mine and ordered for two spicy noodles.

As the waiter left, silence returned to the table.

" Can I ask you something? ", Darcy suddenly spoke. I nodded.
" Back when we first met, you said you hypnotised about two or three men in a day and after that you fell sick. Today you only did once and you are already feeling terrible. Is everything alright? "

" It's actually very damaging to the body of the person who's hypnotizing and also the person who's being hypnotized. When I worked with Noah and his dad, I kind of had to do this once in awhile when it was absolutely necessary. Now that I'm running away, all alone... I'm using it way more and it's affecting my body. ", I explained.

" Okay wait! So you aren't the gang right now? Like! You aren't working for Noah or whatever it is. If you are already trying to escape that world, then why did you steal the Quahog Locket? ", He asked lowering his tone a bit.

" So that I can sell it off in the black market and live the rest of my life comfortably. ", I replied even though I thought the reason was pretty obvious.

" You could not think of getting a job? Or anything legal? Might even think about a business? I know it's not easy but why did you choose the wrong path again? ", Darcy came forward and banged his fists onto the table lightly.

A laugh escaped my mouth.

" Who was gonna give me a job? To hell with a job, who would even make me a part timer? A girl who hasn't even completed her schooling. It's not that easy Darcy! ", I said when we saw the waiter coming towards us so we stopped.

" Here's your order. We have added two cups of soda as a complimentary round from the restaurant. Enjoy your meal. ", She said and walked away.

" Y-You didn't finish your schooling? ", He asked, shocked.

" Now tell me? What was I supposed to do? Beg? Be homeless? I did what I could... ", I sighed and took a spoonful.

" My offer to hire you is still open. ", Darcy says suddenly, making me a bit surprised.

" For what? I don't meet the requirements to even do a basic job! I have neither talent for it and nor the interest. What you are saying is not possible. " I denied his offer.

" I can manage. If you just keep back the locket in the museum and come with me, I'll change your entire world. You can work as my assistant for some years while you complete your schooling. Then you can even apply for a job in my company or for anything that you want. Life will be good and— ", Darcy started spewing out about a future that I can only dream about so I stopped him.

" Darcy... ", I let out a sigh.

He looked down.

" You don't trust me enough? I know I'm just a strange man you met a few days ago but I won't ever hurt you. Aby you at least know that right? ", He reassured me.

I knew I could trust him but could I stay with him and rearrange my life?
Sadly, it also means that I'll have to risk his life.

Noah won't tolerate me, who did most of the dirty work in his loots to go away. Knowing that Darcy is the one helping me get out, he'll definitely try to kill him off.

I'm too attached to Darcy to let him meet such a terrible fate.

" Let's talk about something else... ", I said with a straight tone and he agreed reluctantly.

" Fine. "

---🚏