5

Abigail's POV :

A sharp pain in my head woke me up and my instant thought was that I have no idea where I am right now. Looking around, the memories of last night flooded in.

" Oh! You woke up... Abigail. ", A voice interrupted my thought process and as I looked around, I found the guy from the museum. I still can't believe I ran into him out of everyone I possibly could ha— wait a minute. Did he just say my name?

How did he know my name? Don't tell me that I sleep talked my name to him!

" Hello. I'm Darcy. ", He smiled and handed me a glass of water. I gulped it down and looked at him.

" Look Darcy. I'm genuinely sorry for running in your suite like this. I— had my reasons for it but it doesn't justify what I did. Thanks for not calling the authorities on me and also letting me sleep on your bed. ", I spoke swiftly as I have to get out of there before he could possibly change his mind.
I pulled off the covers and stood up.
" So now I'll be taking my leave. "

Saying so as I was about to run out, I felt his hand wrap around my wrist and pull me back.

" I was being a good boy all this while but I guess I must change my tone according to the person in front of me. ", He stood up and pulled out the disposable bag I brought here from last night.

" Da-Darcy. Please give it back. ", I begged him as I was about to snatch it away but he lifted it up.

" Why? So that you can run away with the Quahog's locket and make quick money? Is that what you are gonna do? ", Darcy asked and my heart skipped a beat. He knows! But why hasn't he informed the police yet? Is he going to blackmail me?

" What do want them? ", I asked giving up. Even my lighter was in the bag so I had no power in here.

" Keep the locket in it's original place. I know how money can make you want to risk everything and do crimes but this isn't the way. The way you sneaked it out, keep it back in and I promise I'll not complain to anyone. ", He said lowering his hands. His words would have usually made a positive impact but he doesn't know what an actual person who never had enough money might feel.

" I know I'm wrong. I know everything that I did was bad but you can't just say that money might make me do wrong when you are the one sleeping in a VIP hotel and I have to struggle everyday of my life to get by. I appreciate your offer but you don't know how it is to be poor. Am I wrong for wanting to live a comfortable life? I have so many problems right now and you aren't helping. Why can't you pretend you don't know me and let me go. You are rich but if you want, take a portion of the money I make from it. Just let me go. ", I wriggled around to get out of his grip but he was strong.

" Abigail. ", He said sternly, making me stop for a minute.
" If you want, I can help you. As you said how I have a lot of money and it's true. I'm wealthy and I'll get you any job that you like. Just keep the locket back at its place and come with me. I'll help you with money, place to live and even your luxury if that's what you want. "

I eyed him as he spoke.

These rich people always think that they can buy everything.

I felt his grip loosen a bit so I tried to pull back again but he grabbed me back even tightly. Almost at the same time, he lost his balance and dropped on the bed making me follow after him. We both were now on his bed, me over him and his hands tightly around my waist.

" Let me go. ", I demanded.

" So that you can run away? No way. ", He said adamantly.

" If you just pretend that I don't exist and let me go, what's gonna hurt you? ", I asked back but he felt silent.
His eyes staring intently into mine, making my heart race for some reason.

" Why can't you just listen to me? ", He let out a sigh and got up. I stood up but he still held me tightly.

" Why can't YOU listen to me? ", I asked back making him laugh a bit.
Getting serious again, he stood up and glared at me.

" Because you are the wrong one he— ", he was about to complete his sentence when the door bell went off.

" Who's there? If it's not urgent then can you leave? I'm a bit busy. ", Darcy said loudly.

" Someone called Noah is looking for Abigail. He said that he's in one of the rooms in this hotel so I'm just calling out to check. Is there anyone called Abigail with you? ", The bellboy asked and Darcy looked at me.

" N-No. I'm alone. ", Darcy lied.

" Okay sir. Sorry for the disturbance. ", The voice spoke and footsteps walking away were heard.

" Who's Noah? I don't think he's a police so is he a crime partner of yours? ", He asked genuinely.

" He's my ex and my ex work partner. We used to work together for these kind of things but I left him and his gang after our break up. Noah wants me back so I am running away from him. If he catches me, I'll either have to be with him or in jail. ", I said truthfully as a sigh left my lips.

" ...so you stole the locket because you are now broke and don't have a group to return to. Is the it? ", He asked and I nodded.

" I can't believe I came to Bedrock for a vacation and I'm entangled in such a mess right now. ", Darcy made a dramatic expression that made a chuckle escape my mouth.

" You don't have to be entangled. If you just let me go, then I can just take a flight and head back to my home where he won't be able to catch me. ", I said even though I myself wasn't sure if that can possibly happen. If I'll be safe in my hometown as I really am all alone now.

" And what? You don't even have a passport so you can't avail the flight. Any other transportation is extremely dangerously as they can easily catch you by that. Your ex is standing right outside the hotel so he probably tracked your mobile. You want me to leave you all alone in this mess? I'm sorry Abigail but I can't do that. Whatever it is, I'll help you. ", Darcy said with out skipping a beat. My heart raced as I saw his adorable face light up.

" But if you get involved, you can get attached to the crime side and you might never be able to escape. ", I warmed him as I myself was pulled into this world like this. No one was there to stop me so not I'm in here.

" As you know that I'm filthy rich so I'll manage. Let's get going then? ", He shrugged.

---🚏