14

Darcy's POV :

I felt a bit nervous as I randomly promised the guests that I will sing a song. Honestly, I just didn't want Abigail to do the hypnosis and fall sick.

All eyes on me, I sat on one of the chairs and started strumming. Looking up, my eyes first found Abigail who sat there. She mouthed me a best of luck accompanied by a thumbs up.

Closing my eyes, I started.

" You are, actually, a part of my dream.
Who walks beside me in all of my imaginations.
You are like the thrill of a sweet surprise.

You are, actually, the feeling that stays near my lips.
A character in a story who only brings me comfort.
You are like the yes in a world filled with no.

You are, actually, the light after a dark night.
A good premonition that will come true one day.
You are actually something that resides within me. "

I opened my eyes and looked straight to find Abigail

I opened my eyes and looked straight to find Abigail. Her eyes were so intently watching me that it made my heart quiver. The rest of the audience broke into applause but Abigail just sat there, looking into my eyes.

Does she realise that the song was for her?

" Beautiful! ", Ralph said in an uproar and walked up to me. Taking my guitar, he side hugged me.

" The evening is off to a great start already. I can only see things getting better. ", One of the group members said.

" True but I wonder what's going to make us want to sponsor this auction house! ", Another replied, making all of us understood that we have to do something even more impressive.

I just hope they all agree before Abigail has to do the hypnosis.

" Very well, let's go onto some snacks that we have prepared for you. ", Abigail said and took all of them near the table. Everyone tried the food served and murmured compliments about it to each other.

As Ralph communicated with them, I walked over to Aby.

" What do you think? How was my singing? ", I asked her. She turned around to face me and opened her mouth to say something intense but instead she just said;

" I'm impressed! Like I don't know why they didn't sign the deal instantly but I was mesmerised. ", She said and my cheeks heated up.

" Then that's all that matters. ", I said to myself. Truly it didn't matter to me if this auction house gets their money from them because I knew that I had mine as a back up. The song was genuinely something that I sang only for her.

" What did you say? ", She asked.

" Nothing. Shouldn't you go to them and see if they are eating properly. ", I said and pushed her to go ahead without me.