17

Abigail's POV :

" RALPH? WE ARE LEAVING! WON'T YOU ATLEAST SEE US OFF? ", I called out as me and Darcy stood at the exit with the bare minimum things we had on us.

" Wait! I'm here. ", Ralph rushed out and smiled. He quickly stepped closer and wrapped his hands around me. I hugged him back.

" I know I wasn't the best brother to you because of the whole paranoia about keeping someone from the gang. I know you understand what I mean so get back safe and find your way out of Noah's life as soon as possible. After everything is settled again, come to my auction house. You know my niece right? Tara? Go stay with her if you will. I'll always be a call away. ", Ralph said as he kept his hands on my forehead.

I pulled back and nodded.

" Will do. I think it's time now so we should head out. If everything turns out good, I will visit again. ", I said and looked at Darcy. As our eyes met, I looked away quickly. Ever since last night, I just can't maintain eye contact with him.

" It was a pleasure to be with you here as well. ", Darcy bowed a bit.

" You are such a nice boy. Keep my dearest Abigail happy, okay? You better not turn out like Noah. ", Ralph glared at him.

" O-Of course. ", Darcy stuttered and looked at me.

" Let's get going then. Bye. ", I turned around as we were about to head out, when Ralph suddenly called us out.

" Listen up! There's a really pretty fountain a few streets away. It's a couple destination so you two should go visit it. I know that you two are currently running away from Noah but they say that it's a wishing fountain and if you wish for something, it always comes true. ", He said and walked into the house.

Darcy checked his watch.

" We still have about two hours in hand. Should we go there before heading towards the airport? ", He asked and I nodded.

" Let's go. Shall we take the bus? ", I asked but he silently walked over to a parked cycle.

" I bought this bad boy yesterday so let's go on this. ", Darcy said and unlocked the cycle from it's stand. He mounted it and I got behind him.

" You bought this cycle? It looks pretty second hand though. How much was it? ", I asked as I wrapped my hands around him so that I don't fall off.

" A thousand dollars. ", He answered and I froze in my place. He paid so much for this trashy bicycle!

" Are you insane? How are you doing a business if you have such shit sense of money? ", I couldn't help but let out a laugh.

" I had to get to you as soon as possible and my mind wasn't acting right, so... ", Darcy said in the softest voice and started cycling. I immediately felt bad about shouting at him but he still should have bargained a bit. He got scammed ruthlessly.

Darcy rode the cycle smoothly through the streets as I looked around.

Soon enough, we reached the couple site Ralph was talking about.
Parking the cycle at one spot, we walked over to the fountain that was basically by the side of a huge cliff.
It was deserted so it was just the two of us there.

" Whoa! This place sure looks beautiful. ", He smiled. " I have visited so many places all over the world but somehow no place felt so ethereal. "

I looked at him.

I don't want to leave him. Not yet.

" Is it? ", I said and moved closer to the fountain to see multiple coins at the bottom of it.
" What do you want to wish for? "

" I can't tell you because if I do, it won't come true anymore. ", He said and flipped a coin into the fountain. Slowly closing his eyes, he started murmuring his wishing. I did the same as well and whispered out my wish.
" I want our worlds to collide so that I can meet him again. The next time, as a common girl and not a criminal. "

" Are you done? ", He asked and I opened my eyes. Darcy kept his hands down and turned towards the huge water body on the other end of clif.

" What will you do after you get back before your trip ends? You should just stay back and enjoy", I suggested.

" I think my parents will be pretty suprised but I genuinely can't stay here anymore. I can't stay here if you aren't next to me. Bedrock now reminds me too much of you. ", He let out a disheartened laugh.

" Darcy... ", I sighed.

" It's okay, I'm not asking you to stay back. I just- ", he was speaking when I saw his eyes droop down so I quickly pulled him in to a hug. His face against my neck.

" We'll meet again. ", I said and he pulled back to look at me.

" ...we will? ", He asked.

" Once I'm finally out of Noah's gang, I'll fight the entire world and come visit you. I promise. ", I spoke with all my heart and Darcy hugged me once again.

" Then I'll wait for you. If you do need any help then come earlier because I'll always be there for you. ", He said reassuringly.

" HAH! Found you. ", A voice interrupted our hug and I immediately knew who it was. We didn't get out of the hug.

" It's Noah. ", I whispered in Darcy's ears.

" What should we do now? ", He whispered back.

" Don't try to run because I have a gun. Silently give up Abigail and I might let you live. ", Noah spoke.

" I ain't giving you up so now what? ", Darcy asked again. My cheeks warmed up as I heard him say that but it wasn't the time for it.

" He won't shoot me, so let's run. I'll cover you from the back. ", I said as I grabbed his hands.

" Are you insane? I'm not letting you do that! ", He hissed out at me but it was too late to answer him. We have to run so I started sprinting and Darcy followed my suite.

" I TOLD YOU NOT TO RUN! FINE! YOU BOTH WILL DIE THEN. ", Noah yelled out in anger.

---🚏