6

Darcy's POV :

I dressed up Abigail like a boy and hid her face with a mask and a cap on top. she was covered but not enough that someone can get suspicious about it.

" You are ready. ", I said after adding some final touches. She got up and looked at himself.

" Hmm, I guess I can deceive him with this. ", She commented and I laughed a bit. I'm nothing but a professional in these cases but I'm not the one to brag about it to the whole world.

" Are you still sure about this? You can back out and I'll manage it somehow by myself. ", Abigail asked me again. To be honest, I am a bit scared but I can't bring myself to let her go alone.

" Of course. ", I said confidently and we quickly locked the room.

" Wait? I think I left my phone in there! ", Abigail said hoping that I would open the door again but I didn't.

" I know. They are a hunder percent tracking you with your phone so I left it there. ", I said and she nodded understandingly.
Quickly heading down, we checked out while hoping that we don't run into the goons that are headed by Noah. As we were walking out of the hotel, Abigail stopped for a second seeing a number of rough and scary looking guys. The most intimidating looking young male must be her ex— Noah.

" Let's walk straight. ", I said as I tried to pull her ahead just see them getting up and heading towards us. In a moment, they were covering us and I was absolutely terrified.

This was a bad idea!

" Excuse me. Can I talk to you? ", The head said and I stopped. Abigail was right behind me.

" Yes. How may I help you? ", I asked back as politely as I could.

" There's just someone I'm looking for and your friend there... Can we talk to him? ", They asked.

" H-He's mute. ", I said hoping he will just let us go.

" Mute... ", He smiled cutely but suddenly his hands went upto Abigail's hair and he pulled it down roughly. She let out a heart wrenching shreik because of it and I couldn't contain myself anymore so I punched the guy in his legs. Noah fell down and his men gathered around him.

" Let's go. ", I muttered as I took her hands and started running. We knew there was no other way to run but by foot, so we did so. Taking the busiest streets nearby, we ran. The guys were right after us so we couldn't stop but I could sense that both of us were slowly running out of breath.

" I told you this is a bad idea. Now Noah is after you too because you kicked him in front of all the others. ", I heard Abigail say but I had no words to reply with other than speeding up.

I was in trouble but strangely I didn't regret it one bit.

Will I get this kind of an experience ever again? I'm literally running from actual goons with a girl's hands in mine.
I know, I probably sound like I'm literally insane but I felt excited because for the first time, I don't know what is about to happen in the next minute.

" Why are you smiling like a freak? ", I heard Abigail ask so I turned my head towards her. She was sweating heavily as we were running.

" Do I look weird? ", I asked, half panting.

" Everything that's happening is wired. You smiling is the least of the of the problems. ", She winked at me and fastened her pace while my heart went crazy from her wink.
After maybe ten minutes, we finally reached a closed store behind which we hid ourselves.

" Ah! Finally we stopped. I thought my legs would have fallen off. ", Abigail panted for air after that intense run.

" I don't think I have ran like this since I was a child. Feels kind of nostalgic. ", I said cheekily which made her laugh.

" You are taking all the fun you can, aren't you. You are running from goons with guns. They'll shoot your brain out and you are taking trips down memory lanes. ", She said trying to scare me off but I was honestly having the time of my life.
" By the way, hand me the lighter. "

I looked at her.

" Oh so you smoke too? ", I gave her a disappointed gaze and handed her the lighter.

" I don't smoke. It's like... ", She started to explain when I remember what she did last night. She lit the lighter randomly and tried to do something. I also remember her pulling it out in the museum but the memory is really hazy.

" Wait, is it some kind of weapon? I mean I can't think of a way you can hurt someone with a lighter but it is right? It's a weapon right? ", I asked and she nodded.

" It is but I explain it to you. ", Abigail excused herself and I nodded understandingly. I definitely am curious but I guess she'll tell me later someday.

" Anyway, what should we do now? Should we eat? I'm actually a bit hungry. ", I suggested and she agreed. I quickly opened my phone and started looking for nice restaurants nearby but she snatched my phone away from me.

" We can't go to these kind of places Darcy. They'll probably be keeping tracks these places to catch us. We have to eat at roadside food stalls and we also have to stay at  low budget hotels. Your rich ass could never. ", She let out an ugly laugh and stood up. I was a bit stressed at the whole cheap things that I'll have to eat or stay at but I was still excited.

We both walked over to a little stall where they sold hotdogs.

" I'll just have one. ", I said beforehand.

" Okay. We'll take four hotdogs. ", Abigail said.

" Wait four? I told you I'll eat o— ", I tried to explain but she stopped me.

" Don't worry, I'll eat three. ", She said as she took in the four packed hotdogs and we walked over to a low built wall by the sea side.

" Here. After I came to Bedrock, I often took food from there. It's cheap but the quality is pretty good. ", Abigail said and took a bite. In my life, I haven't ever eaten food like before but I guess everyone has their first times.

Quickly picking one from her packing, I took a bite. The flavour and taste of the hotdog was intensely good.

" Mhm! It's actually nice. ", I muttered.

" Yeah? Did you expect me to feed you stale food? Is that what you think about people who are poorer than you? ", She glared at me making me choke on my spit.

" Jeez woman. I was just complimenting. Why do you hate people who are rich? Technically, if you got the ring back to your hometown then you could have easily became rich. Won't that contradict your hatred? ", I asked but she didn't answer and just silently chewed on her hotdog.

" You came in between and I couldn't go back. It's your fault that I'm still broke. ", She said after completing her snack. I devoured mine as well but I was still carving for another one.
She probably noticed and let out a laugh.

" Why Darcy? Do you want another? ", Abigail asked as she raised another hotdog and waved it in front of me.

I pulled out my card to show her.

" I can simply buy ten more. ", I was about to go flex on her but she stopped me.

" They are poor vendors. They don't have a card machine for your cards. Here, just take it. ", She slammed the hot dog in my hands and I sat down beside her again.

" Fine. ", I sighed.

---🚏