3

Abigail's POV

I ran from the Market and only stopped when I was sure that I'm far enough from that guy. I touched the locket on my neck and let out a sigh.

For some strange reason, my chest felt a bit heavy as I ran away from him. Feeling the locket against my skin only reminded me of him tying the chain around my neck. That little interaction wasn't leaving my head!

Pulling the chain off, I secured it nicely in my bag and started walking.

" I should take the first flight back to my hometown and sell off this locket to who ever pays more for it! ", I thought to myself when I felt footsteps behind me. I turned around to check but no one was there.

That's when my phone rang.

I opened it to check and saw that it was Noah, my ex boyfriend.

" Hello Noah? ", I said, nonchalantly.

" Aby. You know how much I love you. Didn't I already say apologise for cheating on you? You know it's not a big deal. You work under me and you promised to work all you life. Are you backing out of your promise now? ", He asked back.

" I joined you because I was in love with you, not because I wanted to go around hypnotising and robbing people. The day I found you fucking that girl, the deal went off. Bye. ", I said, about to disconnect the call when I heard him yell.

" You know very well that I don't like when people break their promises. Come back and work with me or the consequences won't be nice. ", Noah threatened me.

All he cares about is my skills in hypnotism. He doesn't actually love me and it took me way too long to realise it. Now I wonder how I was in love with a man like him!

" Fuck off Noah. I'm not coming back to you. Ever again. You can do whatever you want. ", I yelled back.

" Quahog's locket is currently in your little bag. The super rare blue diamond that belongs to the royal family is with you. What if I snatch it from you and report you to the police. You know I can do that! ", He said and a shiver went down my spine.

" H—How did you— ", I started but my words came out in a jumble.

" I have followed you here and saw everything. I'm always watching you Aby. I hope you know that. ", Noah said and even more footsteps followed behind me. Turning around, I saw Noah and a few of his men.

" I can't hypnotise that many people. I have to run. ", I said to myself before getting out of the dark alley and running into the busy street.

Disrupting many conversations and people, I ran through them. Pushing and throwing everyone who came in my way, I finally reached a small lodge in the middle of the busy city.

" I'll hide here till they are gone. "

I walked in and paid for one night in a single room. The room itself was damp and small but I didn't expect anything better for the price I paid.

Entering the room, I took off my clothes and took a warm bath. Still in my bathrobe, I relaxed on the bed and my body finally started to relax.

Hypnosis affects everyone but the one who uses it, is usually the one who is most affected. The body turns sore and weak after every hypnotise.

" I must get out of Bedrock as soon as possible. I'll be safe once I get back in my home town. I can't believe that psycho Noah managed to find me. ", I grunted in anger but I decided not to overthinking about this. Instead, I should go off to sleep.

**knock knock**

A loud knock disrupted my sleep. Hurriedly, I sat up on my bed and looked for my phone to realise it was almost midnight.

With a yawn, I opened the door and found the bell boy of this lodge.

" Yes? ", I asked.

" Someone said they are looking for you. ", he informed and I instantly understood who it was— Noah.

" H—How? I meant, I didn't enter my name so how can anyone know that I'm here? ", I asked back.

" The man showed me a picture of you. He said you were supposed to meet him at the lobby. ", he informed me and walked away. I only had my phone, lighter, some cash and the locket. Rest of my clothes and cards were in a locker, near the lobby.

" I can't believe he found me here. ", I muttered to myself and took my bag.

There was no time to put on my clothes, so I quickly opened the window and jumped out with my bag.

I was practically naked in that bath robe but that is much better than getting caught by Noah.

Avoiding the main street, I ran towards the more posh part of Bedrock. As it was midnight, hiding and running became easier.

Soon, I reached a building that had VIP reservations written. These are usually rooms that aren't occupied became they are super costly so If I can sneak in one of these, I can spend out the night here.

Noah could never afford to get in.

Walking inside, I met the receptionist. His first reaction was shock. She got up and was about to call the guards but I pulled up my lighter and lit it up. The woman stopped on her tracks.

My head started to spin as I hypnotized her. I knew I was going over my limit but this last hypnotism is important to save myself.

" Stop all your CCTV recordings! ", I ordered her as the flame danced around. The woman sat down and turned off the security system.

" Are you not tired? Working all day and night? Go on. Take a nap. Give me your master key so that I can work instead of you... ", I put forward my hand and she handed me the key.

Taking the the lift, I reached the fourth floor, which was also the last floor on this building. That floor had about four rooms so I quickly unlocked the one farthest from the lift. The room was dark so I automatically assumed that it wasn't occupied.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I jumped on the bed when a loud scream went off right next to me.

" AAAH! ", I screamed as I jumped off the bed and covered my face in defense. The person quickly got up and turned on the bed side lamp.

" Who the fuck are you? ", The man screamed and the moment I heard his voice, I realised who it was.

Moving away my hands, I looked at the guy and recognised him.

" YOU? "

" YOU!? "

We both yelled as we saw each other.

It was indeed the guy I met at the museum and at the market. Out of every person I could have found in this room, it had to be him!

---🚏