4

Darcy's POV

" YOU! ", I yelled in shock when I saw the girl from the museum, laying on the floor in a bathrobe. How did she end up in my room at midnight?

" Why are you here? ", I asked, my voice turning soft. She stood up from the ground and I looked around her. I realised she was trying to pull the bathrobe down to her knees but the fabric kept pulling back.

Before she could speak, I pulled out one of my shirts and my pair of boxers to hand them over to her.

" Thank you... ", She said. I quickly turned around while she changed into the clothes I gave her.
" You can look now. "

I turned to face her and saw her standing in my shirt that almost went upto her thighs. The boxers were covered up by the shirt.

Seeing her like that made brought up goosebumps all over my skin.

" Okay, now tell me. How are you in my suite right now? ", I asked. She quickly took her bag and pulled out a lighter. It all seemed a bit too familiar but I waited till she spoke something.
Quickly lighting it up, she was about to speak when her steps faltered and she fell face first on the ground.

" Hey! Hey are you okay? ", I asked but she didn't move. Her pulse was present but it was slow.

Normally, in these situations, one calls the police or the hotel staff but I didn't want to do either. It looked like she was in a bad state and I didn't want to make things worse for her.

Should I call a doctor? But if I can a doctor then they will probably arrest her for breaking into my room.

I can't take a decision yet.

I pulled her up and dropped her unconscious body on the bed.

Getting up, I covered her body with the blanket. I warmed up some water in my bathroom and wrapped the warm towel on her head.

She left a sigh of relief and a smile appeared on her face.

" What mystery is this girl. ", I said to myself as I pulled up the bag she was carrying. Except for very little cash and her phone, she didn't have anything noticeable. As I was about to keep it away, I realised that there's something shiny in it. Opening it again, I found the locket I made her wear back there.

" It must mean something to her if she's still carrying it around, even in this situation. ", I picked it up and eyed it's intricate designs and carvings. Looking at it, I realised that I have seen it before. As a fear stricken realisation hit me, I quickly looked up the recent museum loot and as I saw the picture, my heart went cold.

It's the same locket she has.

" You... ", I whispered in disbelief or rather disappointment.
A criminal. The girl who made my heart race like that is a criminal! I shoved my head in a pillow and regretted every decision. What should I do now? Call the police? The museum?

Getting up, I quickly dialled the museum number and was about to call when I heard a gentle humming sound coming from the girl. I walked over to her to find her moving around as if she's having bad dream.

" Pl-Please. Stop. I don't want to- leave. ", She said with her eyes closed shut tightly as if experiencing a tragic past. I placed my hand over her forehead and she stopped moving momentarily.

" Excuse me? ", I tried to interfere in her bad dream.

" I promise I'll be good. Please mom. ", She added when I noticed a teardrop rolling down her eyes which made my heart a little less ruthless towards her.

" Are you okay? ", I asked the name less girl in my bed and she nodded in her sleep.
" What's your name? ", I asked again, hoping she would answer me this time as well.

" Abigail Walters. ", She smiled as her entire body turned towards me and her fingers touched mine. My heart shuddered yet again.

I quickly placed my hand on my chest.
" Stop stop stop. Stop making me a pervert and give me racy thoughts. "
As I said those words to myself, I saw a little chuckle leave her lips. Is she laughing because she heard what I'm saying right now?

Is she pretending to be asleep?

Oh! No she's deep in slumber.

" I'm... Darcy. ", I said to her, knowing that she won't remember it when she wakes up.

I looked around a bit to realise my phone in still my hands. The museum's number is still on my dail pad ready to be called. Picking up my phone as I was about to call, my eyes went towards Abigail's face. She slept like a little child without any care.

" Ugh! Calling them is definitely the right thing to do but I just can't bring myself to do it. ", I groaned to myself as I got up and move towards the window.
" I'll talk to her after she wakes up and then we'll see. ", I got back on the chair and looked at her one more time.

My eyes almost instantly checked out her facial features. Her heavily lashed eyes and pink thin lips. Even her skin looked fresh and natural.

" Get a hold on yourself Darcy! She's a criminal so let's not get ahead of yourself. ", I slapped my head, " I can't imagine I thought all kinds of thoughts while hoping to meet her again. I can't believe this is how it turns out. Out of every thing she could have been! She's a thief! ", I looked up at the ceiling as my mouth rumbled out my thoughts.

While I kept blabbering about myself, I felt my eyes getting heavier. The threat of a practical stranger in my room left my head. While my heart and mind were at a race, I found myself drifting off to sleep.

---🚏