18

Darcy's POV :

" Why are you behind me? Get in front because if you get shot I'll loose my freaking mind. ", I told Abigail clearly but she didn't change her speed. She still ran behind me and I couldn't slow down.

" Don't worry and run. ", She said while panting.

" Okay but where? ", I asked back.

" I-I don't know. Just run. ", Abigail gritted her teeth.

" There's a clif right in front! Do you want us to jump! ", I gritted my teeth back.

" ...is there no where else to run? ", She asked disheartened and we stoped right at the end of the cliff. We panted for air and realised that Noah was already arriving.

" Fuck. ", I said.

" Fuck indeed. You lost the single chance to survive so now start counting down on your death. You are either going down or I'm shooting your brain out. Of course while our dearest Abigail watches that happen. ", Noah said in a teasing tone.

" You won't do anything to him. ", Abigail walked in front of me but I quickly pulled her behind.

" Enough running already. Noah, let's talk a deal out of this situation, okay? ", I said and Noah looked intrigued.

" A deal? Talk. ", Noah steped forward.

" I over heard you talk about how you don't love Abigail and only want to use her for her skills and probably dispose her off later. ", I said and Noah grabbed my collar.

" Why are you ly— ", he tried to lie about himself but I pushed him away.

" Let's be real. You only use her for her skills and you don't actually love her. Now, you let go of Abigail forever and I'll give you as much money you want. Do we have a deal here? ", I asked and Noah looked shocked and so did Abigail.

" Darcy! I told you that making a deal with gangs like this will only make things worse. Trust me, this isn't the way. ", She spoke but I ignored her. I can't help but make one last try to save her.

" Do we have a deal here! ", I yelled repeating my words.

" Why do you need her? Why Abigail out of every girl in this world? She does not even let you fuck her because she thinks that she's too good for me. ", Noah joked but I was furious at his words. My hands almost automatically grabbed his shirt but he kicked me in my guts and I fell down on the ground in pain.

" D-Do not speak about her like that. ", I hissed out.

" That's it. I was trying not to interfere but you asshole have left me no other choice. ", Abigail spoke and pulled out her lighter.

" Your hypnosis only works with one person and not with a whole group. You can't do it! ", One of Noah's men dissed us.

" Ah! It's been too long since we broke up so you aren't that updated with me. ", Abigail took a step, " I'm much much more skilled now. I'm sure you won't shoot me because you know that will be a loss on your end so— "

She flicked her lighter open. I looked away in case I was to get hypnotised as well.

" You can't do it Abi— ", another one of the men spoke when I heard Abigail snap her fingers and with it, I remembered the day from the museum. All the memories of me going around watching blank walls which somehow showed beautiful paintings rushed inside my head.
I also remembered our first conversation.

My head spinned a bit but then I remembered that I didn't hear anyone speak for a long time so I looked up to check. I saw Abigail standing in the coolest stance ever with the flare on her lighter, dancing around as the wind blew over it.
The men looked at the fire like they were in a trance.

I have seen her in action before but today it was so beautiful and terrifying.

" Kneel. ", Abigail spoke.

They all followed and sat down on their knees.

" Now keep down your guns then grab some dirt and smear all over your face. ", She said and they did. I let out a laugh at the scene and walked closer to her.

" Okay, let's go now. ", I said but she asked me to stop.

" Kick each other right in your guts till each one of you fall unconscious. ", She said and looked at me.

" Why... ", I asked but she just brushed her hands on my shirt that had Noah's shoe print.

" I'm sorry. You keep getting hurt because of me so this is the least I can do for you. ", She answered and grabbed my hand. Holding onto her hands carefully like they were sacred, we started walking when I saw her face getting a bit fatigued.

" Are you okay? ", I asked.

" Yeah. Probably shouldn't have done that for so long. I keep getting weaker after every hypnosis I do. ", She answered so I quickly picked her up on my back.
" Are you going to carry me? Aren't I a bit too heavy for that? "

I chuckled a bit.
" You are a bit heavy. "

Abigail slapped my head.
" How could you? Asshole. "

" I was just kidd—. ", I replied when I heard a click on her lighter.

" Oh fuck! I dropped my lighter. They'll wake up from their hypnosis. ", Abigail shuddered so I let her get down from my back and looked to see that the men were slowly waking up.

" Abigail run! ", I yelled and started running when we heard a gun shot and instantly a sharp pain shot through my leg. I dropped on the ground, holding onto my dear leg to see that the bullet has just graced by my skin but it was still painful.

" Da-DARCY! ", Abigail looked at me but I realised that I can't possibly run anymore.

" Abigail. Escape right now. ", I said but she didn't listen. Helping me stand up on my injures leg, we turned back to see Noah and his gang mushed in dirt.

" Where are you gonna run? One step and this bullet is going right through his heart. ", Noah said with the gun pointed towards me.

" Don't worry about me and run, okay? ", I asked Abigail even though I myself was terrified of what was to happen when I spotted Abigail staring at the water below.
" What are you doing? "

" We have to jump. ", She said with the straightest voice.

" Ju-Jump? Aby it's not a swimming pool! It's a cliff! We'll drown if we jump in there. ", I retorted.

" There's a fifty fifty chance if we jump but staying here means a hundred percent that we die. ", Abigail said when I felt her hands entangle with mine;
" You trust me? ", She asked making me a bit flustered.

" ...I do. ", I nodded even though I'm absolutely terrified of water but this has to be the only way.

" I'll save you. ", I nodded and we dropped all our belongings except the Locket, that was probably still in her jeans pocket.

" 1, 2, 3.... Jump. ", I said and as the word Jump escaped my mouth, Abigail jumped in and I followed her. My heart literally going bat shit crazy as I saw the distance between me and the water closing up.

 My heart literally going bat shit crazy as I saw the distance between me and the water closing up

*splash*

---🚏