04

'Step On Up' - Ariana Grande (Blackout Version)

Unedited

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Later on, as he helped his fifteen year old sister Zaina set the table for dinner, he tried to ignore a certain pair of emerald eyes flashing through his mind. He wanted to please her, he didn't know why - he had just met her. But why did he feel as if his heart recognised her , subconsciously. Around her his restlessness disappeared. He was confused how you can meet someone, practically ignore each other for the next few hours you were together and get such vibes from them.

He was so baffled and lost in thought that he didn't notice his brother enter and ended up spilling the jug of water he was carrying onto him. He looked up to see who was the victim. Zakaria. Great.

Zayn always clashed with this particular brother - he didn't know what caused this tension between them. He simply put it down him being 2 years older as one tends to clash with those similar in age. Okay and he put it down to the sudden increase in testosterone. He remember his brother got aggressive during his teens, and then Zayn followed not long after, turning them from close siblings to avoiding each other. Ever since Zakaria had moved in with his wife, Javairia, it was easier. But now that they had their little 2 month old son, Nuh, his visits frequented and Zayn wanted to spend time with his new nephew - he wouldn't sabotage a relationship because of another failed one.

"You little cunt. I bet you've been waiting to do that since last week," Zakaria, referring to when he snitched on Zayn when he caught the latter sneaking in at 2 am. Zayn didn't even want to know what he was doing there at that time.

"Is that how your mind works? Being petty? Finding revenge. Great example for your son. No I simply didn't see you, you twat. You could've announced your arrival lol by greeting us aloud." replied Zayn, too exhausted to argue.

"I don't have time for your shît," Zakaria huffed

"Bìtch I don't care. Move along. Better if you don't even drag ur sorry ass here. Pussio." Zayn shot back.

"Zayn Bhai, Zakaria Bhai," Zaina nodded, addressing each of them as she walked out the kitchen to the dining room, "Please stop. Please. You guys just carry on till it gets physical. Everyone's tired of your squabbling. You guys were legit like , I dunno, besties and now you can't even be in the same room without conflict. Zakaria Bhai, Ammi was calling you in the living room and Zayn Bhai, Aboo was calling you out in the garden." she spoke with a tight look to her face.
(Brother), (Mum), (Dad)

Zayn knew it scared the shit outta her when people fought in front of her, so he wasn't even going to fight his brother. Both brothers departed to either parents, making sure to leave through separate doors.

Their younger brother Zayan ,who was fourteen, walked into the dining room, tutting after watching the whole ordeal. Before they'd just shove each other but now they threw insults back and forth till one of them exploded and then, oh Lord, one would surely break some bones trying to diffuse the fight. It upset him, he could no longer approach either, they were so angry all the time.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Outside with his father in the darkening sky, Zayn crossed his garden to sit with his father on the sofa-swing. His father looked younger for someone who was only 47. His thick salt and pepper hair stood up straight. His tan skin held few wrinkles; his thick and coarse 2 inches long. His posture was always something he focused on - he carried all 6"3 of him proudly and nagged his children if they were to slouch in the slightest. However, as of lately his steel coloured eyes looked washed of their colour, the same eyes Zayn had. Zayn knew his father was stressed; he was like a clone of his father; from their mannerisms to their personality and appearance. He cleared his throat and stood infront of his father who's eyes were closed.