22

'Under Cover' - A.C.E

Unedited

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Zayn and Shahzad were walking down Alperton Station. Not to go inside, but to where Zayn was brought after he was drugged. Looking for clues was essential; Zayn needed somewhere to start. Hail stones pelted them, the wind adding more force. It was probably going to snow soon. But only for a day or so. London was way too polluted.

They reached the entrance, the same one Zayn had left through the other day.

"Let's first see if there are any other ways to get in," Shahzad suggested.

Zayn looked at him questioningly.

"Incase we gotta make a run for it and the main entrance is blocked or sum," he explained.

He put his hands on his hips and squinted around the building as if he would find something.

"Even if it does seem deserted as fuck," Shahzad added further.

Right.  That actually made sense. Zayn was positive he was still being affected by the drugs. They take time to leave your system. That was the only explanation he had for his slow reactions and lack of common sense. Nothing you haven't experienced before, right? thought a voice in his head. Zayn ignored it, wanting to concentrate on the task at hand as opposed to arguing in his head with voices with various personalities. The one with common sense seemed to have vanished.

They walked around the building. The front section of it was one story but that back section had one floor above it. On the side there was only a window which was barred from the inside. Shahzad went over and saw the window was actually broken from outside, so they both used some pole thingies they found lying around and broke down the wooden planks covering it. Inside the room was empty, the door ajar. Escape route established.

Now they went further down, finding nothing until they turned left so they were at the back. Over here there were signs that some people had been here. Cigarette stubs littered the ground, needles strewn haphazardly across. Small dusts of white powder were detectable here and there, empty ziplock bags. There were also bloodied bandages, now smudged with black. Zayn was sure he smelled vomit as well. It made him want to hurl too. It hadn't seemed to affect Shahzad too much for he was zigzagging threw the rubbish, looking for something of interest.

There was a sliding glass door at the back, so Zayn could see inside was a bare kitchen. He went over, the door easily sliding open, checking back once on Shahzad who was still inspecting the ground. The kitchen had no appliances or cutlery of the sort, just a table and four chairs in the centre. There were three doors; on the left was the door that lead to the room they saw on the way, on the right was a door opening into a corridor.

The middle one was metal. Probably the one where he had found consciousness in. He went inside again, this time heading for the cupboards. He found some pens and blank papers, measuring cylinders and some other things that weren't of interest. In the last one by the door through which he had left the other day, there was a card. It was plain black, about a5 in size with grey writing on it. In bold letters in the centre it spelled DEYS. It was in plain lettering, no designs or something. He turned it to find something that baffled him. It said:

North - complete
South - complete
East  - complete
West - complete
Northwest  - complete
Northeast - complete
Southwest - complete
Southeast  - complete
Central - awaiting

Something bothered him about this. Something that he could not remember now had been mentioned about this. He stood there, deep in thought, willing it to come to him. The door behind him banged open and he turned to see Shahzad, the card momentarily forgotten because Zayn clocked something.