17

"Ride it" - Jay Sean

Unedited

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

"Haii, my son is getting married!" exclaimed Ammi.

Zayn turned to look at her, amused.

"Are vah. You look like a shahzadah," commented Aboo. (Oh wow), (Prince).

He smiled at both his parents in the mirror reflection he was standing in front of. He wore a three piece
tuxedo today. The trousers, jacket and waistcoat were all black and he wore a cream shirt to match Syra's dress colour. He was in the middle of tying his black tie, pushing it right to his neck before his parents had come in.

Zayn held all 6"4 of him proudly, with dignity, pulling down his cuffs and jacket. He was mostly glad to be wearing his black formal shoes - all the other days the kuseh had obliterated his toes. He put on some cologne on his chest, neck and wrists, careful not to over do it. He wore all his rings; this time on his left hand ring finger was his engagement ring, so he wore a jewelled band on his index, and on his right hand he wore a similar silver one on his middle finger & a plain one on his pinky. He put on his monogrammed bracelet next to his chain bracelet on his right hand, pulling down his cuff sleeve over it.

On his left he wore a watch. He didn't know where it had come from, someone had posted it through his letterbox so he wore it, assuming it was from Syra or one of her family members. Or his. He loved the way it looked though, he wasn't a watch person but looking at this made him want to be one. It didn't exactly match but he didn't care.

He put it one and yanked his sleeve down; he knew if someone saw it the would demand he take it off and put on the black one he had received from his Nana on Eid

He put it one and yanked his sleeve down; he knew if someone saw it the would demand he take it off and put on the black one he had received from his Nana on Eid. (Maternal grandfather).

"Zayn beta, come on its time to leave!" called Ammi.

With one last quick look in the mirror Zayn ran downstairs, the chaos downstairs covering the little beep that came out of the watch.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Zayn sat on a settee, facing a the cloth that was currently acting as a barrier between him and Syra. Once the nikkah was performed, everyone would leave but not before they dropped the barrier, giving the newly weds ten minutes alone. The nikkah was happening in a side hall of the masjid, specifically sectioned off for events like this. So everyone would escape to the prayer area to give out little bags of sweets and stay for a bit once the pair came out, and leave respectively.

"Do you, Syra Hayat Siddiqi, daughter of Sikandar Alam Siddiqi, accept this union?" asked the Imam, who sat on Zayn's side of the room. Her mother and sisters sat with Syra.