31

'Dumhdurum' - Apink

Unedited

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Life was now more of a routine. Go school, go work come back and eat, do coursework and chill with the fam. He loved it though. His highlight of the day was to come and see Syra and Imran playing. Warmed his heart up every time. He remembered how sad Syra was the first few days of sixth form - she missed Imran a lot.

By now the whole school knew they were married with a kid. Zayn didn't want them to know because it was Syra who received most of the harassment, being called a sket, easy etc. She was never one to hold back a reply but it gets exhausting hearing the same bullshit all the time. He did his best to be there for her. As did her friends.

He was  on his way to work when he recieved a call from Syra. He answered it.

"Assalamualaikum," Zayn greeted.

"Walaikumasalam. Zayn, you need to come home. Something came up. Please. Your dad is also saying screw work and come home. You need to see something." Syra sounded anxious, and her words allow sparked anxiety in him.

Panic laced his voice, "I'm coming, I'm on my way back. Is everything okay? Are you hurt? What about Imran?"

Dear God. What could it be?

"No, Imran is completely fine. He's sleeping. I'm fine too, but you need to come see something. It urgent, okay?"

"Alright. Try not to panic too much, okay?"

She took a deep breath, "Yeah, okay. See you, Allahafiz,"

"Khudafiz," He ended the call.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Slamming the door shut behind him, Zayn stumbled as he rushed to get his shoes off.

"Syra?" he called out desperately.

"Here! In your old room!" he voice answered.

He thundered up the stairs, barrelling into his old room. He saw Syra sitting on his bed, rocking Imran.

"What's the matter?" he demanded, trying to remain calm.

She looked up at him.

"I... ummm. Just... take a look,"

She beckoned him over, patting the place beside her.

She set Imran on the bed, who squealed and kicked. Syra reached behind her to bring out two sticks from behind. Zayn took a closer look. And his heart stopped.

Two pregnancy tests.

Positive pregnancy tests.

Silence.

No. How?

How?

"Syra....this... how?" Zayn stuttered.

"Looks like I'm one of those few girls who even got pregnant even while on birth control," Syra laughed bitterly.

This couldn't be happening.

Syra. Pregnant. Again?

"I had been feeling sick for some days. I thought perhaps my period didn't come at first because I had girbwn birth and that the birth control was messing with my hormones, but I just wanted to see. And they both came positive. Strange - I got all negatives last time," she explained softly, looking down at her hands.