EPILOGUE

'Butter' - BTS

Unedited

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

The good thing about having kids early is that you weren't old by the time they grew up a bit. Which is why, in their thirties and even late twenties, Syra and Zayn would travel together while their kids were at school. Of course they took them as well. But as they weren't able to fulfill those dreams of travelling in their early married life as their children were so young and needed them, they were able to now.

After Imran, Hashir and Hayder, the pair were blessed with another four children. One more son and three girls. Two years after the twins were born, she gave birth to Aleena, then her another daughter a year and a half later, Maira and lastly her twins another two years later, Kamran and Kainaat.

So her she was, Zayn was 30 and she was 29, chilling in the Maldives. Right now, Imran was 12, the twin boys were 11, Aleena was 9, Maira was almost 8, and then the twins were almost 6. They were old enough to stay without their parents, so they stayed at either of their grandparents homes, which they absolutely loved as they were so spoiled by them.

Syra, in the end, decided not to do any education further than her A Levels. She expanded her henna business, selling natural henna, body paint, jagua, henna stencils, temporary henna tattoos, henna on candles/phone cases/books etc. She was a very sought out artist now; people booked her months and even a year before their actual booking day.

She begun doing makeup and hair as well. So, for Asian brides, she came with the full package: henna, hair and makeup. It was very successful, she earned a hefty income from her businesses so she didn't want to study more. They took up much of her time, and the rest she wanted for her family.

As for Zayn, his construction business was doing extremely well now. It wasn't successful at first; the couple went through some rough patches where they had to use Syra's henna income, Aleena and Myra were a handful ans she also was pregnant again.

She had two miscarriages after that. That had to be the worst time of her life. After the first one, she got an IUD, but, just like before, any form of contraception just didn't work for her. She fell pregnant again and lost her daughter her daughter at 7 months due to heavy bleeding. Surprisingly, Zayn finally figured out how to work with a condom as they decided that seven kids was enough.

Imran was a quiet and observant boy, he reminded Syra of Saleh. He still looked like the carbon copy of Zayn, only with her hair tone and one green eye. Hayder and Hashir were like her with Zayn's hair, and people often thought they looked like Umar and Umair, her brothers.

Aleena didn't look like either of them. She had hazel eyes and her hair, was like a chestnut-reddish brown. Her features as well, were unique. She was a sweet little girl, until she was around Sajid's twin sons. She held a great grudge against them, and fought with them at every opportunity.

Maira, on the other hand, looked like Zayn. Even acted like him. Just like Zaina, her aunt. It greatly amused Syra at how similar the trio were.

And lastly, Kamran and Kainaat. Straight brown hair, golden skin and grey eyes. Both were always lost in each others world. They spoke one word with each other while the other guessed what they meant, leaving others confused. Both loved pranking their older siblings, and they often got away with it being the youngest.

Cian, Kairees and Mabdi moved to New Zealand. All three had found universities there, and girls there too, apparently. It saddened Zayn to see his group splitting up, but seeing his kids with his friends kids overtook that.

Imagine her shock when Syra heard Sami and Layla were engaged. No one knew, or guessed it. She didn't even know they acquainted. One of Syra's distant cousins married Sajid. Zaina and Ahmad got married, but that was another story that greatly involved Shahzad. Poor Reign had been cheated on twice before he went to travel the world and came back with a girl from Korea. Marcelo went back to Puerto Rico and Brazil for 6 months before announcing he found someone in Canada. And never came back. Anwar married his stepmum's niece, Afia. Rafael went back to the US to his parents. Jannah, married an Afghan who lived in East London, despite announcing she would never marry a boy from the East. Isla was with Adam who was from Ghana, which led to them having hour long debates on jollof rice. Majid had married one of Zayn's cousins from his dads side. Both hated each other with a passion at first. But as they say, there's a thin line between love and hate.

Syra's heart twisted with pain upon remembering her brother's death. Ilyas. Whenever she saw Muhammad, Saleh's son, she felt like breaking down in tears. Ilyas died soon after Maira had been born, in a car crash. A deliberate one. He did street racing but left it soon after Hayder and Hashir were born, but people held grudges. He was highly disliked because of his wins, so they hired someone to crash into him. It had devastated the whole family. Syra never saw a proper smile on her parents faces for a while after that. They often distracted themselves with their grandchildren. She would never get over it, only got used to the pain. She wished to hug him, to have her silly arguments with him, the pillow fights, how they teamed together to annoy Saleh and Malikah. It had been the first time she had lost a loved one. It was a pain like no other.

If things couldn't get any more crazier or confusing, Zayn had a another brother. You heard that right. Zayn and the rest of his siblings had thought it was a prank when Ammi and Aboo first had sat all his siblings down and announced it. They all thought Zeeshan was the last, because after that all their grandchildren were born one after the other. Everyone was greatly worried about Ammi. She was in her forties now, and her last few pregnancies had not been easy. But she had safely delivered Zulfiqar Amaan a year after Hayder and Hashir. His parents had promised Zulfiqar was the last. Zeyd had commented saying they would run out if names beginning with Z at this rate. Earning a chastising slap from Aboo.

Zulfiqar reminded Syra of her mother in law a lot. It felt strange that she was cradling her brother in law in her arms. It was rather normal for desis to have aunts and uncles that were younger than the nieces and nephews.

Other than the loss of Ilyas and her two babies, Syra had a great life. She prayed to be reunited with all three after she died as well. As she had always said, she taught her children Urdu. They knew snipped if Pashto, Panjabi and Gujarati because of their grandparents, but they spoke decent Urdu which was good as she and Zayn mostly conversed in English.

And Zayn. Happy as well. Had always thought he would end up being lonely for the rest of his life, working a 9-5 job. Yeah no. Life and God had other plans.

The End.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Fucking emotional rn cuz I thought this book would finish next year. Anyways, this book is complete, but far from done. So much editing is needed - I legit cringe when I read some of the stuff I wrote. I won't be starting Shahzad's book as of right now, cuz you know exams. I'll start it after November. And I'm also starting a new series, about the supernatural world. Completely different to this. It gon have vampires, werewolves, faeries, warlocks and whatnot. First book will be a Faery book, I've begun constructing it.

So this is the last update for this. Bonus chapters will be added much later on, like much later on so you might as well forget about them now. Third book will be about one of Zayn and Syra's daughters, so you will see these two again.

Any more updates for this book will be me editing it. So that may be annoying. I think I will keep this up and when I'm editing it, I will take it back into my drafts and release a better version. I think I'll be editing my books till the day I die because it never truly ends.

Anyways Ciao. For now. I shall see you all soon, I hope. :)
(This is literally the only chapter that is below two thousand words. The rest are all two thousand or above. One is even above three thousand I acc think). xxx

1500 words.