30

'Cry for me' - Twice

Unedited

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

She thought breastfeeding would be a breeze. It looked so easy when she saw her mum, her cousins, her aunts and her sister doing it. She couldn't be more wrong. The first few days, her nipples cracked if she didn't express anything. It hurt sometimes but once she began to continuously feed him directly and by expressing it into a bottle, it went away. Her mother in law fussed about, giving her soups and not letting her lift a finger, also taking him for two hours everyday so Syra could rest. She insisted this because she had taken a lot of stress on her body. Syra, of course, didn't deny the offer.

Surprisingly, he didn't disturb her that much during the night. He would wake up like twice before Fajr, and then Zayn would change him if he needed to and give him his bottle after he prayed. Of course she didn't need to pray right now as she was bleeding. She remembered her sister saying over the phone to develop a routine so he would be asleep by eight thirty. Through the day he slept as he pleased. He was a newborn, so he slept a lot.

One thing she was terrified of was giving baths. She bathed him three times a week as he would get very sweaty in the humid weather, with the assistance of her mother in law.

Today was the day of the aqeeqah. They were going to reveal his name today. Also a goat was being slaughtered back home and the meat distributed. They were hosting a dinner to their family and friends. Syra just prayed her son wouldn't get evil eye.

Her son. Saying that felt so weird. She had never envisioned herself as a teen mum. She could not believe that she held her very own child in her arms. Motherhood was tough, but that love you have for your child, you won't ever find anyone loving him more.

She also came to appreciate her own parents even more, especially her mum. She never used to see her dad so much and it irked her, but seeing how Zayn fretted over income, how he tried to help out to the best of his ability to lessen her troubles made her realise why fathers have so much rights in Islam. And why a mother had three times more the right of a father.

Seeing Zayn with him was the most beautiful sight. He was an amazing father. He may not have much to offer right now, but the effort he was putting in was alot. He reassured her when she began crying that none of her bras fit her and would always get wet. And her hard-earned abs had gone. She never had a bump so she didn't really have a postpartum belly, just bloating. All she knew is that she would be going on birth control right after her bleeding ended. She would have more kids after she was done with college.

Syra had been in her pyjamas all week. She wanted to get ready. She had an occasion too as well.

She opted for a blue sharara and kamees, with silver and gold  work all over it, finishing the look off with a pink dupatta which also had silver and gold work

She opted for a blue sharara and kamees, with silver and gold  work all over it, finishing the look off with a pink dupatta which also had silver and gold work. For jewellery she settled for a matching gold earrings and tikka with blue beads. She knew she was going heavy, but after having no pregnancy celebrations, she wanted to go all out. And she rather that the gossips talk more about her clothes as to her being a teen mum. She put on a matching pink scarf and went on her way. Zayn had already taken the baby down so she could get ready. The laughter and chatter of the guests could be heard.