29

"Love Talk' - WayV

Unedited

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

The door swung open to reveal both Syra's and Zayn's parents hurriedly marching in, panic etched onto their faces. Syra's siblings and Zayn's sisters also followed in after them. He knew his brothers were waiting right outside as Syra wasn't wearing her hijab.

"Haaayyyyeeeee, meri bachi," cried Amma, tears running down her face. (Oh, my child).

She came to hug Syra but stopped, shocked at the child in her arms.

"Mujhe yaqeen nahi tha, leykin abh..." Aboo tailed off, looking at Zayn with blatant shock. (I didn't believe it, but now...)

"Zayn how could you hide such a thing from us? Did you tell Syra to hide it too?" begun his mother, aghast.

Here we go.

"No. We did not. She took many tests as well, all came negative - we don't know why," he replied.

"Shahzad told us everything. From the start, while we were on the way here. This hospital is a little far from us," said Abba who had been quiet throughout.

Zayn was wary of him. He had gotten his sixteen year old daughter pregnant, not only that, but put her in harms way. Zayn avoided meeting his eyes.

"I am disappointed in you both. Zayn, not so much for doing such things, but thinking you could handle the consequences by yourself. What happened to Syra with this Vincent was very serious. And Syra, you could have gone to your mum, or dad. But I understand you didn't because this is mainly Zayn. I am not blaming you, Zayn beta, but disappointed - in fact hurt that you did not confide in your parents. Your siblings have gotten mixed in terrible things, your brothers have had similar problems to you and they came to me, even if they hid some stuff," Aboo lectured him.

Shahzad must be outside with his brothers then.

Zayn didn't disagree. It was his duty to tell his parents. Because he didn't, Syra felt that she would just bring up unnecessary drama if she told her parents. So they dropped the matter.

"Abh tou chorou. Jho hogya, wo hogya. Wo kamina police ke hatho mai hain. Now we must talk about the baby," said Ammi. (Now, leave it. What's happened, has happened. That brute is in the hands of the police).

"Ghar jaake hum akelai mai baat karain gai," murmured Amma to Syra, who nodded, giving a fake smile.

Zayn took this chance to glance behind the two pairs of parents. His younger sisters were here, his older sisters had most likely gone home because of their kids. As should be his older brothers.

His gaze met with Saleh, who looked partly shocked and partly angry. His lips pressed in a firm line and he narrowed his eyes at Zayn. Zayn did the 'white person stiff smile and nod thingy' and looked at Ilyas. He looked nonchalant, as if he couldn't care what was going on. Zayn wasn't dumb, he knew that he was just putting on a front. He sighed, knowing there was no way of getting either of them to like him. He did knock their sister up, but he's married to her. And yes, they are extremely young, but they are ready to take on the responsibility - there's no way in hell they would even consider putting their son up for adoption. They have their families support by their side.

Syra was done feeding him, so she fixed herself and took off her breastfeeding cover and held him against her shoulder, her hand supporting his head as she tried to burp him. Don't want him to end up puking out all his milk. Sure enough, they soon heard his little burp.