10

'Kiss & Makeup' - Dua Lipa & Blackpink

Unedited

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Standing in front of the mirror, Syra held up two different anarkali dresses infront of her : one navy with an embroidered dupatta and one with a black skirt and cream bodice with designs. In the end she opted for the navy one, it was simple yet elegant and the other seemed a little too much for just a dinner. Her mother insisted she wore Asian clothing to the dawat. (Style of a dress worn in South Asia, like below), (It's like a scarf South Asians wear with outfits), (Dawat is like a feast, a special meal).
She wore a navy hijab with gold tassels at the end and golden kuseh (type of footwear in South Asia, below)

She arranged her dupatta on her left hand and leading to the right shoulder from the back, gathering it and pinning  it on her shoulder and letting the rest hang in front

She arranged her dupatta on her left hand and leading to the right shoulder from the back, gathering it and pinning  it on her shoulder and letting the rest hang in front. She wore a tight under-hijab, which covered her neck, tying at the back like a turban so she could still wear earrings and cover her head and neck. She wore her tasseled hijab on top loosely and pinned it from the sides, her earrings dangling.

Now for her makeup. She loved doing makeup, she wore some everyday without the base though. She was focused on repairing her skin after all the acne scars and hyperpigmentation, and she almost had clear skin and didn't want to ruin that.

She put a bit of concealer here and there on her blemishes, around her mouth and under her eyes. She loved her natural brows - she didn't pluck, cut, thread, shave or wax them due to religious guidelines, nor did she want to anyways. She just lightly bleached the hairs on her brow bone so they blended with her skin. Brushing them through with brow gel, she applied some highlighter on her brow bone, inner corners of her eyes, tip & bridge of her nose, tops of cheekbones, chin, Cupid's bow, eyelid and rubbed the remnants of her forehead. Some brown eyeliner in the corners of her eyes to enhance her large almond eye shape.

She then took bronzer in the crease of her eyelid, a little under her cheekbones, jaw and eyes, her temples, top of her forehead and then her nose. She drew a straight line from the start of her eyebrow to her nostril in both side, underneath and above the tip of her nose. She was also blessed with thick eyelashes and naturally red lips, so a quick swipe of mascara and some clear lip gloss and she was ready to go. No perfume when going out. She stepped back and admired herself.

Grabbing her phone, she dashed out her room, running down the stairs after hearing her mother call her name.

"Hai tu kitne soni lagdi hain. Here, put this bindi on, it'll look khubsurat." (Oh you're looking so pretty), (Beautiful) (A bindi is a decorative dot worn on the forehead by South Asian women. They come in different styles. They have a significance in Hinduism, but many South Asian cultures have adopted it as a fashion. They stick to your forehead).