CHAPTER FOUR

LINDSAY

Ellie is currently in her room, she's doing her art shit. Personally, I don't understand it, but it's just like how she doesn't understand how I love reading and writing as much as I do. 

But her going to that bonfire still doesn't sit well with me, she met the guy at the mall. Honestly, I don't think she was going to tell me. 

If this Ayden fucker hurts her in any way I'll personally track him down and beat the shit out of him. There is no way I would just let him get away with something like that. 

While Ellie does all her artsy stuff, I'll be hanging with Cassie. Who I'm going to get. Some would find it rather odd that all three of us have feminine names. Lindsay, Avery and Cassie. I mean that is what made us friends in the first place. 

Out of the three of us, Cassie is the oldest. Then Avery, then there is me. Cassie is twenty-one but graduated the same year as Avery, due to his very bad track record of staying in school. 

We all met when I got to middle school. Cassie was Avery's friend before and then became my friend. All three of us found it rather hilarious that all our names were 'girl names'. 

Our parents found it funny as well, all of us bonding over having girly names. 

Standing in front of Ellie's door I quickly knock. I hear her music pause before she opens the door. Trying not to act surprised as she is standing there in sweats and her bra. her hair pulled back with a few hairs around her face. 

There is paint on her boobs and I force myself to look up. I don't want to embarrass her or anything.

That's it.

Placing her hand on the door she smiles. "I'm going out, did you need anything?" I ask her. 

"Can you stop by this store for me, I need more paint, I was going to go in like an hour or two but you're going out so do you mind?" asks and I nod. She opens her door wider and goes to her desk. I can't see her painting because it's not facing this direction. She's bent overwriting it and I take a slight moment to check her out.

This girl is driving me insane and she doesn't even know in the slightest. I wouldn't mind seeing her like this more often. Like damn, her ass looks so fine in those sweats. 

"Here, I wrote down the store, the address to the store, the paint and the brand to the paint. If a sales rep says anything different, don't listen. Also here's my card, you already know the pin" she says and smiles at me. I take the paper.

Turning to leave before turning back around."Do you need this back right away? I might be gone for a while?" I say to her and she smiles.

She places her hand on her door. "I should be good for a while, take your time. It saves me from going out like this" she says and laughs. I smile and I leave. I hear her door shut and I leave the apartment.

Does she paint in her bra? If she does I might have to start painting with her. Getting into my car which is right next to Ellie's. Man, I love her car. I love every aspect of this girl. Maybe not her stubbornness.

Maybe sometimes. 

Getting in I punch Cassie's address into my GPS. I'm picking him up. Seeing how his truck is in the shop. He wrecked his brakes.

Pulling up to his place that he shares with some buddies I honk my horn twice. A minute later he opens the door and walks out. Cassie has red hair, unlike Ellie, he is dyed. His sister dyed it for him when she was still alive and he keeps dying it in his memory.

He climbs in and closes the door, pulling his seatbelt on. "What's up man, it's been away too long," he says and I smile.

"It has man, hey, before we head out, we have to head somewhere first," I say, wanting to go to the paint store first so I don't forget. He nods. I put the address in and I follow the directions while Cassie tells me about this girl he's been seeing for the last couple of months.

He swears she's the one. When we pull up to the paint store I watch as Cassie scrunches his face up in confusion. "Why the hell are we here? Did you suddenly take up art- your still Cushing on Ellie," he says and looks at me.

Avery is more supportive of my crush on Ellie. I know it's more than a crush but I'll call it whatever I want. Cassie thinks I'm wasting my time chasing a girl that doesn't even want me. Which is true, but I will try.

"Yes I am and before you give me your whole spiel, just don't, I'm going to tell her my feelings for her soon," I say and he rolls his eyes. I've also said that one way too many times. When Noami went camping every summer. Or when Noami when on that stupid school trip. There were many times but I didn't.

Getting out of the car Cassie decides to come in with me and I pull out Ellie's list which has her card folded in it. I'm totally lost.

"Hello there, can I help you men?" a sales lady says walking up to us and I turn to her and I show her the list. She reads it.

"Well we do have another brand of paint that would work just as good-" she begins and now I stop her in her tracks.

"I was told not to listen to that and get this brand, I'm not picking it up for me, it's for my friend," I say and she laughs.

She begins walking down the isles. "I see, well I do have to warn you, this brand is the more expensive brand but it's the better quality, do you know what your friend is using this paint on?" she asks and I shrug.

"She didn't say what she was using it for," I say and she nods. She grabs fourteen quarter gallon tubes of the brand of paint Ellie requested, puts them in a cart behind her and pushes it to the counter, I can't even read the brand, it's like french or some shit.

She places them all on her counter. "What was the name on the account?" she asks and I look at Cassie like he'd know.

"Ellie sent you here, she'd probably have an account," he says and I nod. "Ellie Alvarado," he says and she types it into the computer.

"Okay, so these colour swatches are indeed custom, she ordered them originally, four weeks ago in our new york location, if you come back in maybe five hours I can have these down for you," she says and I nod. I give her my phone number in case she finishes before.

We leave the store and get back into my car. "Let's go to the mall, I need some new jeans," Cassie says.

When we arrive there we go to the first men's clothing store we have seen, not even looking at the name. I get some clothing as well when I walk past a hoodie that is black and has a batman symbol across it. I grab it in my size. When we are done shopping, which isn't long, we go over to the food court.

Gabbing some food we head over to Cassie's for a bit. I'll leave when it's time to pick up Ellie's paint.