CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

ELLIE

"You did not just throw pumpkin guts at me!" Cassie says looking up from his phone. He and Avery were colouring while I and Lindsay were carving pumpkins. Giggling I chuck seeds at him.

Lindsay looks up from his pumpkin to look at me and I chuck a seed at him, Then at Avery. All three boys look at me and I giggle.

It's fun to chuck things at people to piss them off. Then they get mad at you for chucking things at them so you want to do it more. Simple as that.

looking back down to my pumpkin as Cassie gets off of his chair and enters the kitchen. Grabing a cup he turns to get water from the tap when he looks up at me. "I'm not one to question you Ellie, but do you normally have thirty grand laying around?"

Thirty grand? I only asked mom for Twenty. She must have given me more. I'll talk to her about it later and stuff. "It's for my college tuition," I say to him as I pull out more pumpkin guts and throw them into the bowl.

The bowl is almost full seeing how both me and Lindsay are carving a pumpkin. Cassie and Avery are just watching seeing how they are unexpected guests.

"I thought you already paid for college?" Avery asks and I look at me as I throw more pumpkin guts into the bowl.

It's not like it was a sudden decision. I've been thinking about it for a bit. I really like cars and I like art. I think that this Automotive design will be a good career for me. Plus, it's not like It something I hate.

"I changed my major just a little," looking into my pumpkin I don't see any more guts or seeds so I think I can start to draw out my sketch. I'm going to freehand it. "I'm going into automotive-body technology and automotive design. I'm still going to be getting a degree in fine arts. It's just going to be a very busy four years."

I'm not going to lie. Taking on three different degrees at ones, that's a risky move. Most people would have just dropped fine arts. I still might but I don't know. I love art but I don't know if the college has anything to teach me.

I'll go in and talk to a counsellor about it. I'm still on the fence about dropping art. I was doing college work in high school. My teachers were giving me work like I was a college student. I'm a gifted person in the art area.

Not to be that person but I know I am. I just don't know what college can teach me. If I drop art I could use the money I used for paying for those classes. but I can still change degrees and get a full refund up to ten days before classes start.

"You still going into English?" Cassie asks Lindsay and he nods.

English is a great career choice for Lindsay,he's always had a passion for the english language and it's writing. Plus. I can't see him doing anything else.

"I've decided to become an English teacher, for now, I still would like to write a book one day," Lindsay says throwing guts into the bowl.

If Lindsay wrote a book, that would be my favourite book. I love his writing so much. He used to make short stories all the time in middle school and then let me and Avery read them. They were so entertaining.

Him as a teacher I could also see. He has this aura that seems friendly and free that an English teacher should. Sure he would have to follow a curriculum but Lindsay loves to come up with fun writing activities and ways to motivate people to write.

Lindsay is the sole reason I got through English in high school. "What you going to carve?" I ask him as the table has gone quiet.

Looking up at me he smiles. "A smiley face," He says and I glare at him. He could at least put more effort into it than that. "fine, fine, an evil smiley face."