CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

LINDSAY

I watch as Ellie paces the room, rocking Lillianna in her arms trying to get her to sleep. She has a fever but Ellie didn't want to take her to the doctor. 

She doesn't even want to be in a car. 

Last week I claimed the insurance claim for my car and we are suing the guy who hit us to get out medical bills covered. 

I don't even have enough to cover for myself. Ellie just about us this condo, the last thing I'd want for her to do is pay for my medical bill. 

So what she is about to be my wife. I still don't want her to be paying for everything. "You know what, I'll take Lillianna down stares and let you sleep,"

My first day back to school is tomorrow. September 4th. 

"Baby, I can take care of her too, you don't have to care for her on your own." I try to say but Ellie is already leaving the room. 

Since the accident, she has been distant but caring for the baby on her own. I try and try to help but she won't let me. I don't know what's going on with her, but sooner or later she's going to need help. 

It's not healthy. I can barely get her to eat one meal a day, she only sleeps a few hours and she is hiding her emotions from me. 

Everyone is worried about her, It's been about two months since Lillianna was born and Ellie won't seek help. 

Ellie won't even look outside, she won't go get her injections and she is starting to get sick. She just let herself go. I don't know what changed, she was so happy to go home. But after she got home. 

No one could get her out of the house. 

Following her downstairs she puts Lilliana in her little crib down in the living room and walks into the kitchen. 

"I'm worried about you baby," I say approaching her. She leans her hands on the counter. All she does is stare at the counter. 

She worries me. 

But she turns and smiles. "There is nothing to worry about, I'm perfectly fine," She says and tries to walk past me but I step in front of her block her path. 

"No, I'm done playing your games Ellie, you not fine, you need help Ellie, you're going to hurt yourself and I am terrified every day that when I get home I'm going to find you dead on the floor, talk, talk to me please," Ellie just turns around and sits on the floor. 

My eyes soften as she pushes herself into the corner of the cabinets. 

Ellie doesn't even look at me. "Too many memories came back from the car crash, I-I just, I don't, I can't relieve them but I am, every day," Ellie says not looking up at me. 

Crouching down to her I wrap my arms around her. "That's around baby, just don't shut me out. I'm going to be your husband one day." I say pulling her hair out of her beautiful face. 

I love her red hair but I know she hates it. Maybe she'll feel better once we change up her hair. Of course, it won't be just that but I want to help her in any way I can. 

"How about, tomorrow morning we all leave this house and go get supplies to dye your hair," I whisper to her and she turns and looks at me confused. 

She has been wanting to dye her hair for so long. Ellie smiles. 

When Lilianna starts crying I put my hand on Ellie's shoulder and I walk over there and pick her up. It's not often that Ellie lets me pick her up. She became very overprotective of her. 

I rock her back and forth to soothe her. When I look back Ellie is fast asleep on the couch. I smile as I walk over and run my hand through her hair. 

I sit on the couch beside her holding Lilianna. I just want Ellie to sleep knowing she is finally sleeping peacefully. 

~*~

"Lindsay, I think you're doing it wrong," Ellie laughs as I bleach her hair. How do you bleach hair wrong?

I'm the master of everything. "Nope I'm doing it right," I argue making her laugh. I watch as she sits there with her eyes closed letting me fuck up her hair. 

This is the woman I want to marry, I don't care about all the trauma she brings with her or her depression. I love this woman and I am going to marry her. 

And I want to do it tonight. 

"I want to marry you, tonight," I say to Ellie making her eyes open as I put the cap on for the bleach. 

She spins around and smiles. neath of us ever wanted a big wedding, we hate weddings. But we at least wanted our family there. 

Even if it's only Avery, Cassy and Casey there tonight, I'll marry her. "Wait really?" Ellie asks and I nod making her squeal. "I was waiting for you to suggest this because I didn't want a wedding. " Ellie says and I laugh. 

not even two hours later when we washed out Ellie's bleach which didn't turn out bad and dyed her hair blue. We were at the mall finding clothing to wear. 

Cassy, Casey and Avery are on their way to the mall to get an outfit as well. 

"I love it," Ellie says to me, I'm pushing the stroller as she is window shopping. She stops when she sees a simple floor lengthed white dress. A band goes around the waist and it has a deep v line. 

We plan on getting married, dropping Lilianna at Casey's mother's house. She's a great woman. Then going to an amazing restaurant. I can't believe Ellie booked all of this in less than two hours. 

"I'm trying it on," I text the group to let them know what store we are in as Ellie finds a worker and asks to try the dress on. 

They manage to find one in Ellie's size. She dropped all of her pregnancy weight and more after giving birth which was unexpected. 

She's a lot smaller than she used to be. The other day when she was in a talking mood she was saying how she went from a medium to a small. 

"Oh my god, that dress looks stunning on you," Casey squeals as she enters the dressing room around to see Ellie just walking out of the room. 

"Do you think they will let me just walk out with it on after we pay?" Ellie asks and I shrug. 

Casey also finds a short light pink dress covered in lace. 

We paid and they did let us just leave the store with them wearing their dresses. Ellie said we all need brand new outfits so we are going to get suits now. 

When four O'clock hits we are leaving the wall all fully dressed. 

Ellie holds my hand as we ride down to the courthouse to get married. I can't believe this day is happening. 

~*~

"Sign these papers and you two will officially be husband and Wife," John says before leaving the room. 

We both sign. 

Man, I can't wait for what the future holds for us.