CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

LINDSAY

"where is she!" I call out as the firefighters help me out of the car. I try to look back but there is something around my neck. 

I can't find her. 

"She's already being load up in an ambulance sir, let us help you." the firefighter says helping me on the stretcher. 

My arm, it's in extreme pain. 

The flashing lights hurt my eyes. Reaching up to touch my face I feel a lot of blood. So much blood. 

Fuck.

That car came out of nowhere. It ran a red light and it hit us right on the driver's side. But Ellie, when looked back, she wasn't in the car anymore. I couldn't see her. 

"What's your name?" the paramedic asks me flashing a light into my eyes. My name, what's my name. 

Why don't I know my name. "I don't know"

**present time**

"Sir what is your name," A nurse or a doctor, I'm not quite sure. I can only see out of one eye and my vision is very blurry. 

My name. She wants to know my name. "Okay let's get him to another CT scan, I'm going to go check on his Fiance."

My FIance, that's right, Ellie. I can remember her but why can't I remember my name. "Ellie, my little rose," I mutter out. 

Through my blurry vision I can see the doctor I'm guessing turn to look at me. "Ellie, you know who Ellie is." The doctor asks. I try to nod but there is something keeping my head in place. I just want to move my head. 

"Where is Ellie, is she alright," I croak out begging for answers. I just want to know if she is alright. Even if I can't remember who I am or how I even met her. I know that she is my fiance and I call her my little rose. 

But that is it. 

Someone grabs my hand and leans over and smiles at me. "How about we get you to CT and then we'll have some more intel on her okay," The nurse tells me. 

The nurse is surprisingly kind. He holds my hand as he pushes the bed, I think this is actually a gurney. 

I'm pretty sure I learned that from watching Grey's Anatomy, is that what is called. Ellie loves that show. 

"Oh my god," Some cries out, who is that. I can't tell. But whoever it is, they are by my bedside. "How bad are his injuries?" 

Another person clears their throat. "He has a grade three concussion it looks like. He's having some vision loss and some memory loss-" I can't hear much more because I'm being rolled away. 

Getting into a dark room my eye feels at ease. 

I feel my body being moved over to a very uncomfortable bed. God this hurts. "Okay sir, you are going to have to lay still okay."

"O-okay," I manage to get out again. I want to go home. Wherever home is. 

~*~

Crying, I wake up crying. Why are they crying. I don't understand. What's going on. "Go get the doctor, he's awake," I hear mom say, why is mom here. Also, why is she crying. 

"Ellie" I whisper hoping she can hear me. I don't think I can speak any loud. My throat is incredibly dry. 

The door to the room opens and I soon see A man in a white coat looking at me. "Hello sir, can you tell me your name,"

"Uh, It's Lindsay Torres, Where is Ellie, is the baby okay," I ask the doctor and all he does is smile. 

He flashes a light in my left eye a couple of times. I can't see out of my right out thought. "Looks like your vision has returned to normal. 

"Lindsay can you tell me what day it is if you were to guess," The doctor asks with his notepad open and ready.

If I were to guess, It would be July 16. "July 16," I hear a cry escape from my mom as I say that.

"Okay, Lindsay can you tell me what happened." The doctor asked me.

What happened? 

Oh right, I was in a car accident. "Someone ran a red light, hit the driver's side of the car when I looked back, Ellie wasn't there anymore, can you please tell me if she is alright," I beg. I just want to know if she made it out alive. 

The doctor rights down whatever he is writing. I have no idea what the fuck they write. "Your Fiance was ejected from the car, her seatbelt broke, she broke her left arm and four ribs, she also had a brain bleed back has surgery four days ago to fix it."

Wait, four days ago. How long have I been here. 

"Your daughter was delivered four days ago as well, she is in the NICU,"  I was asleep for four days. 

Ellie and Liliana are okay. Thank god. 

Authors note: Please read. 

Umm so, these last few chapters aren't going to be very long. I'm sorry, I'll revisit this story later on and hopefully fix that but. 

I need to finish this story before the end of next week. Meaning, These last few chapters are going to be rushed. I'll fix them when I have time. But when I get back from the holidays I will be starting school again and working on my next two stories. 

Reminder, there will be a second book to this, That book will hopefully come out in February or March of 2022.

Once Causal or my new book is finished I will start with the second book. 

Four more chapters to go!