CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

ELLIE

"There is one bedroom on the main floor and then the rest is on the second floor," Dad says walking us through space, Lindsay came with me today to look at the property. Even though It's a nice house, I don't want it. 

Yes, it was a house given to me but, I just can't see myself living here, I've always wanted a garage and this house doesn't have one. There are way too many windows. Plus, I don't need a 5 million dollar home. 

This house is huge, like way too huge. There is a grand staircase and everything. Like why do I need a house like this. 

Judging the look on Lindsay's face, he doesn't like it either. I've never liked living in mansions. Back in new york, that house was huge, so was Lindsay's home. We both never liked the big houses. 

I rather show that I'm rich with my cars personally. "Dad, would you mind if I and Lindsay talked privately?" I asked him as was walked the property. 

Dad walks outside to give us some privacy, looking at Lindsay I laugh. "This house is way too big," Lindsay chuckles. "I think I'm going to sell it, I've been looking at this other house which isn't in the best condition but I love it," I tell him. 

The house I'm talking about is a simple five-bedroom house, three bathrooms, a basement, a living and a kitchen. It's being sold at almost a million dollars. Which is the typical price for a five to six-bedroom house here I'm finding. 

The backyard is huge, which is want I was looking for, it has a huge garage. It's a corner house but that's fine, easier to find. The driveway is a decent size and so is the kitchen.

If I did end up buying it, I would use the money from this house, not only to pay for it but to renovate it. It's an old-style house, hasn't been modernized. That's completely fine because I would love to renovate a house.

"You've been looking at houses?" Lindsay says and I nod. I haven't really been showing him the houses I've been looking at. 

"It's was smaller than this one, it has more bedrooms though, the backyard is huge and this one has a garage, it needs a lot of work but I'm sure It's not that hard to figure out." I tell him tilting my head at him.

We wouldn't move in for a long time yet but I still want to know his feedback on it. "I don't know Ellie, I'll think about it, whatever you want to do with this house is completely up to you." Lindsay says and I nod. 

I want him to have more input on this. I want him to care more but he doesn't. I know when the time comes down, that I will move out, that won't be easy. I don't think Lindsay is ready for that big of commitment. 

Sure we live together, but in a apartment paid by our parents. I'm talking about a house. "Okay, well do you mind taking a ride back with my dad, I have to head to my doctors appointment," I say to him and I nod to my dad as I walk out the door. 

I'm not in the mood to really ask him about this more. Walking to my car I open the door and get in. 

I don't bother turning on music, I just want some quiet. Lately, Lindsay as been pushing me away and I don't know why. Is he scared or is he losing interest in me. Like the other day after my dad left, the next day he wouldn't even give me a morning kiss or any kiss for that matter. 

The same thing happened with James, one day he just stopped showing me affection. Am I that bad of a girlfriend? Does he not love me anymore?

If he doesn't love me he should at least tell me, because this is going to hurt me more if he's just dragging this out. 

Maybe we need a break?

~*~

Waiting for the doctor to tell your results is the most agonizing part of going to the doctors. Last week she had me go down to the hospital and get a bunch of blood drawn.