CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

LINDSAY

Ellie started work last week, I can't tell if she is happier here or not. She said she was getting rude comments from some of the guys there. Sexist fuckers.

I, Cassie and Avery are at the mall right now. We are shopping for Ellie's birthday present seeing how today is her birthday. She is at work today. It was either she got today off or tomorrow off.

She basically said there was no way she was going to go to work tomorrow. Cassie said he'll get the alcohol for tonight. Ellie apparently said she would get some weed on the way home. I don't even know how she's getting it.

Well, I also didn't know she's smoked weed before. I also didn't know she would be calling me daddy but hey.

"What does she even like," Avery asks as we all walk around the mall. We have no clue what to get her. I have a few things that I picked up on my one time. The thing I wouldn't want to get with the guys around.

I can't believe it's already been two months since we started dating. It doesn't even feel like one month passed. "How about clothing? Girls like clothing right?"

Ellie has too much clothing but she loves clothing. It makes her happy. I am getting her a gift here that I can give to her in front of everyone. I do have something else for her that I'd like to give her in private.

"Lindsay, did you already get her anything?" Cassie asks. It's like the fucker read my mind. I know if they knew what the present was. I would never let it down.

"Yeah, but I need to get her something else, " I say and they nod. Thankfully they don't question it further than needed.

I know Casey and Ellie went shopping for something yesterday after work. They really have become good friends. I've also noticed Casey staring at Avery often when she comes over.

It's good that Ellie is making friends. Sure, she isn't making very many friends at work and for that. I feel bad for her. She is fighting for her spot in there. The person who's supposed to be teaching her, her partner. Doesn't even talk to her.

Being the person she is, she won't tell her boss. Ellie has never been like that. She'll let it go on for years before saying something.

Only now, I am realizing how toxic my sister was for her. Naomi is a toxic person and I'm beginning to realize that. But she isn't a bad person. She needs help.

Every toxic person and become a good person with the right help. She's still my sister. Even though Naomi has done some pretty shitty things.

Naomi slept with James, while Ellie and James were together. Naomi tried outing Ellie to her parents. Ellie has been put down and has been Naomi's last thought for years. If it were me, I'd cut Naomi out of my life. But Ellie feels like she can't.

She doesn't want to ruin our relationship. Sure her and my sister not being friends anymore would make things awkward. But Ellie doesn't need to deserve that.

Ellie deserves the world and more.

"she needs pj's, she has lots of clothing to wear during the day but doesn't have pj's," I say as the boys are trying to besides what to get her. It's true. Ellie needs pj's, I'm losing more shirts by the minute.

Both of them just look at me completely lost. "Just get some shirts from the men's section, she prefers them," I say and they nod. We walk over to the men's section and they look through the racks of shirts.

Knowing both of them very well, they don't even like shopping for themselves. "What size do we even get for her?" Avery asks looking over at me. He's looking at the shirts with the memes on them.