||the Gardens||

It was now only a few day until winter break, I received a letter from my father that I would be needed at home for the break. I haven't seen or even heard from my parents in years. Father had always been abusive to mother and I. Last thing I ever wanted was to see him again. And mother, how shall I put this? She was a dumb bitch, she did everything her wanted her to do, when he wanted her to do it. She was a slave to him. and the only one who didn't see it was her.

I got the letter less then an hour ago, it said:

Dearest y/n,
            Your mother and I have a surprise for you when you come to spend your winter break with us. This is not me asking if you would like to come, this is me telling you, you will come back home to our gardens.
                           -father

The l/n gardens. A fitting name to our manor. Of course what when on it it was very different, everything but, innocents and internal beauty. I feared my father greatly. I just hope this isn't about what I think it is.

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

"So, what's everyone doing for break?
L/n I expect you'll be spending it with us again." Asked Ron

"No, actually. Father wrote, he wants me back at the gardens for break." Only my three best friends knew what went on, how my parents were, and the smiles on their faces were replaced with looks of worry.

"No. You I can't go back there."

"I didn't really get a choice Hermione."

"Well, you're going to write yeah?"

"Yeah."

"What's so bad about the gardens? Isn't it supposed to be like pure and rich with beauty?" Asked Lee.

"If that's what you were brought of to think, then my parents did a good job with hiding what goes on inside."

The week went by too fast. I was in the train headed to the one place I hated. Home. When the train stopped Harry, Hermione, Ron and I gave each other a group hug, "Promise you'll write?"

"I'll write if I can."

"Y/n, promise."

"Sorry Hermione, but I can't make any promises that I can't keep." With that I walked over to meet my parents. You could spot them from a mile away, father with his slicked back raven hair and his all black suit, his shoes shiny enough to see your reflection. Mother with her hair curled and a floor length black dress. Jesus, who died?

They were talking to someone, I can't see who because someone was blocking the view. I walked closer to see that...just my luck, they were with the Malfoy's. Mr.Malfoy was talking while Mrs. Malfoy was standing behind him. Draco was looking right at me. Instead of saying my hellos I walked up to him, "Do you have any clue on what this is about?"

"I have a feeling we're going to find out soon."

"Ah, I see my son knows your daughter. Great, this just makes it easier." Mr. Malfoy made hard eye contact at me,
"y/n, you may call me Lucius."

I looked at my mother behind him and she gave me a nod, "Great to meet you Lucius."

"The pleasure is mine." He gave me a dodgy smile. I looked at Draco and he shrugged.

"Draco will be spending the break with us at the gardens while his parents deal with stuff at the ministry." My father spoke. Well, it's a good thing that things won't be awkward. I smiled at Draco and he smiled back at me. (An awkward smile 😬)

"Look at the two lovebirds." My mother said.

"Oh no, we're not..." Draco

"It's not..." Me