22.

𝟸 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛...

I was running late to visit Jamal in jail.

"Bye dad I'm gonna go see Jamal" I said.

Yeah me and "Professor Manning" cool now. He explained it all to me but today I needed to find out why Jamal didn't tell me.

As I reached to get the door, Hakeem came running down the stairs.

"Yo where you going?" He asked holding my waist.

People up in this house never listen when I say something, I literally told them I was going to see Jamal.

He peeped my T-shirt that had a low v neck and asked, "where you going with that shit on". He started pushing the open parts of my top together.

"Nigga you hurting my titties, move" I said.

"I'm going to see Jamal, I got to go or I'll be late" I said kissing him real quick.

Before I left he slapped my ass, I put my middle finger up as I walked away. He just wanted me to stay with his lazy ass.

I connected my phone to my car that Hakeem bought me after hours and hours of going to see which car I wanted.

I played Life is good by Future ft Drake, because life was good, I was passing all my classes with my dad legit being my professor shit was easy.

40 mins later

"Jamal!" I said running up to him
He hugged me tight.

We hadn't seen eachother for months.

He got arrested for assault on Hakeem when the police came over and seen the scars and bruises on him.

We don't know who called the police over but that's the least of our worries.

"How you doing" I asked.

"I'm good, I'm good, how are you and Hakeem and you know....Dad" he asked.

He getting out in two weeks. I can over to visit him just to make sure everything was straight for when he comes back.

"Jamal what you mean how's Dad, you knew him for over 5 years and it's me your asking if he's ok" I said.

"You knew along DIDNT you?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Alright Tee I'm finna clear this shit up before I come back home. Yes, I knew plus you was too young he'd been gone for too long for me to just bring some random ass man in our house" he said.

I nodded for him to continue.

"He got in contact with me and told me I was his son and when we went on tours of certain law school campuses I seen him there again."

"Uh unt so this is why you wanted me to go to the school I'm at right now" I said smiling.

"Say sike right now because you practically forced me to go there all because you thought that would be the safest way for me to meet our Dad"

"Ain't it a damn coincidence he turns up when you leave, did you plan this shit too??"

He sat there silent then replied. "Hell nah why would I plan to go jail", he started scratching his arm.

"Nigga yo ass is lying" I said.

"Ok chill. I'd rather be up in here than watching my back every two seconds, maybe I did call the police on myself..."

"You supposed to be a big gangsta and you acting like a child" I said

"Wait a damn minute I know you didn't just say you called the police on yourself?" I said laughing.

"Ok maybe not my ass but maybe Hakeem" he said rubbing his chin.

Before I left I asked, "has Kayla came to visit you?"

"Yeah she came like twice, tell her I miss her tho" he said smirking.

I hadn't talked to Kayla in weeks, I needed to go see her ass soon.

It was time for me to go. I hugged Jamal, and said bye and went into my car.

Why would Hakeem do that and he ain't allowed to reply with some shit like "it was the best for us".

My daddy too, he ain't innocent I ain't forget he left us.

——————————————————————————