49.

HAKEEMS POV:

"Daddy" said Jeniya walking into Tee's room. Tee started moving around in bed like the whole thing is hers.

"Yes Jeniya" I said pulling her onto my lap, I checked my phone and it was 3:08 am. "What you doing up so I early" I asked.

"There's a noise downstairs did you not hear it" she said sniffling.

"A noise?" I asked confused. I started shaking Tee to wake up because this her house.

"Whaaaattt" she whined.

"You got a visitor" I said putting Jeniya down and grabbing my gun.

"Officer I'm so sorry but ion wanna see no visitor tell em to fuck ofc" she said sleep talking.

I smacked her ass hella hard and that sho did wake her up.

"What you got me doing up at 3am" she said smacking me.

"Calm down, somebody in yo house" I said. "Stay here with Jeniya I'm going down" I said.

She jumped outta bed and I stared at her like 'the fuckkk'. She went into her draw and got out her gun and I stood up and took that shit out her hands.

"If anybody catching a case it's me" I said looking her in the eyes.

She grabbed my face and pecked my lips twice. I pulled her away, "we gon talk right after this shit, you wanted to tell me something"

"Now who the fuck up in this bitch" I said taking my gun off safety.
—————————-

TEE'S POV:

"She look she my momma" Jeniya mumbled.

"GIRL WHAT, you better speak up" I said walking over to her.

"She looks like my momma"

I ran downstairs to Hakeem to finally tell him this shit because unt uh, this ain't no video game. Bitches ain't about to rise from the dead.

"You just heard what Jeniya said" I said dragging him into the kitchen.

"Yeah of course I did I heard it through this thick ass ceiling and wooden door" he said being sarcastic.

"Nigga fuck up, she just said whoever in this house look like her momma" I said waving my hands around trying to find some air.

"Well whoever it was gone now" he said shaking his head. "I'm finna go see DayDay, your brother and nem"

"Are you dumb, I just said that her mom might still be alive and you wanna go out like shits cool" I said mugging him.

"Her mom what?" He said mugging me right back, "one mo reason to go see them" he said going up the stairs.

He turned back to look at me and I sho did look all sad with my bottom lip quievering. Oh no the tears best not come out.

"Not before me and you sit and talk" I said.

He dragged his hands over his face and scratched his head, "Tee you know you a crybaby?" He said lifting me up into his arms.

"Imma put Jeniya to sleep then come deal with you" he said pecking my neck.

We reached the room and he placed me on the bed and tok Jeniya by her lil hand and took her to her room to sleep.

I just felt like telling him about the apprenticeship, secrets kill when they are supposed to be told.

"Cool, let's go" he said holding his hand out. "Ew no walk yo self" he said going down the stairs.

"Boy bye" I said following him.

"Now this shit weird, we ain't even married and we sitting here like an old couple, drinking coffee and shi" he said rubbing his eyes.

"Shut up" I said rolling my eyes. "You never serious"

His phone started ring and he stared at it for a good thirty seconds and ended the call.

That's what I mothafuckin thought!

He reached out for my hands and pulled me to his lap, "tell me what's going on, speak to a nigga."

"How come I heard DayDay and nem call you Hitta ?" I asked laughing.

"Stop changing the subject" he said shaking his head. I lifted my head to look at him and did my lil sad face. "Stop with that shit." He said.

"Because whenever I shoot, I hit, I don't ever miss no target"

"Okayyy Hitta" I said laughing.

"Don't call me that shit, to you I'm Hakeem" he said looking at me.

"And to you I'm bigT" I said throwing up the gang signs.

"No you not" he said kissing his teeth. "Talk to me for real tho" he said.

"Ok.." I let out a deep sigh, "igotacceptedintosomeapprenticeshipforalawfirmaboutaweekagoandidonrknowifiwanttogobecausethenillhavetoleaveyoassandidontwanttobuthenagainidobecauseitsagoodopportunitybutyouHakeem. But you.." I trailed off.

"What about me" he asked grabbing my face to look at him. "What about me?"

"But you, I don't wanna leave you" I said falling into his chest crying.

I was crying but I could make out him mumbling, "what in the high school shit is this" so I lightly punched him.

"What" he said pushing me away.

"What in ThE hIgh ScHoOl ShIt Is tHis" I said mocking him.

"I'm being serious Hakeem, this some out of the state type shit" I said.

"Then imma come with you outta the state" he said pecking my lips.

"What's that shit you girls be saying, period or some shi" he said smacking his lips.

I laughed a little.

His phone kept blowing up so I asked, "you ain't gon pick that up?"

He went over to get his phone and mumbled, "20 missed calls from Jamal, damn"

Then his phone pinged again.

"I gotta go to the hospital, DayDay dead" he said pulling up his pants.

"What the fuck you best be lying, not my bestfriend, he gon rise, no way he dead" I said.

"You coming or not?" He asked.