Chapter 18

AN: My wife made a cameo in this chapter.

Dedication: theanarchists [Thanks for making the cover c: it looks super cool!]

After we left the restaurant, we all went to the car and started heading to the Q&A session. Michael was sitting on the opposite side, obviously trying to get as far away from me as possible. Luke was sitting beside me, his arm nonchalantly around my shoulder and curled around me.

We arrived at this building where fans were piled outside, waiting for my arrival obviously. When I got out of the vehicle, the screams of the fans were louder than when the car pulled up in front of the place. I signed a few autographs for some fans, but I couldn't stay for long since we had to hurry up and get inside. Luke was making sure that none of the girls grabbed at me and Michael was just being a downer and trailing behind us.

Once the three of us entered the building, one of the people there escorted us backstage and told me to go sit in front of the mirror and wait for people to help me get ready for the Q&A session that was going to take place in fifteen minutes. Even though I'm already presentable as I am, I did as I was told anyway.

I sat down on a director's chair that was in front of a really big mirror and Luke stood beside me, his eyes on my reflection.

"I think you and Michael should make up," Luke said.

"He'll come around," I told him, but I wasn't so sure myself. He and I fight sometimes, but he's usually more stern in an argument rather than how he was back in the restaurant.

"Maybe he's stressed. I think the only breaks he ever takes are meals and sleep."

"That's Michael for you."

Luke stared down at the ground as he started gnawing at his lip ring. "He's going to get grey hair."

"Then he'll have another reason to dye his hair every month."

"Princess," my bodyguard snapped as he frowned at me, "I'm serious here. You should do something about this."

I turned my head so now I was looking up at Luke. "And I'm serious when I say this: Don't worry about it."

Luke sighed, shaking his head. "I'm going to grab a snack. Do you want anything?"

"No, thanks." Just as I said that, there were some people coming to help me get ready or the session that was happening in a bit. Luke walked off towards the snack table, and the entire time I was being cleaned up, I watched him as he ate some things and talked to some people.

I couldn't exactly move and drag him over to me from the people, so I had no choice but to stay where I'm seated and glare at the people Luke talked with. The moment I was finished, I got off of the director's chair and went right towards Luke.

He was currently talking to this Asian looking girl and the two started laughing as I got closer to my bodyguard. Then I grabbed his wrist and he looked in my direction, seeing the glower on my face.

"Oh, hey," Luke said to me before he turned back to the girl. "I should go now. What was your name again?"

"Christy," answered the girl. "It was nice talking to you."

Luke smiled. "I'm Luke, and I enjoyed our small chat." My grip on him tightened and he quickly glanced at me. "I, uh, should get going."

The girl nodded and then walked. Luke finally turned his entire self to face me and then I let go of his wrist.

Luke pulled out his phone and looked down at the screen before he looked up at me and said, "I think the session's about to start in a few. You should get towards the stage."