Chapter 16

AN: So now I know what water sports are...

Dedictaion: CXNTRAST [Thanks for making a cover for the story (: I sincerely apologize for not responding sooner.]

I slipped through the back of the hotel without getting noticed somehow. I didn't want anyone to see me like this. I looked awful anyway. It'd be hell for me if anyone was to take a picture and have this horrid day live on forever.

And to make matters worse, it started sprinkling the moment I stepped outside, and then the rain was falling harder to the ground.

I ended up walking around for five minutes with my head hanging low and my eyes fixed to the ground. Soon my hair was completely wet and so were my clothes.

"What a great way to start the day," I grumbled as I went towards a brick wall. "Officially the worst day in my entire life."

I pressed my back against the wall and slid down, keeping my head low so no one passing by could see the tears in my eyes. I tried to keep myself from emitting any sobbing noises. I wasn't very successful.

Memories of the times Luke and I actually got along and whenever he made my heart beat faster came into my mind. At least I was on good terms with him then, but now I'm nothing but some famous person to him.

I let myself fall for Luke and now here I was, sitting on the concrete ground with a broken heart while it's raining cats and dogs. I didn't care of what would happen to me next. I just... wanted to be gone. Disappear forever.

I've never experienced a broken heart like this before. I was never rejected. I was the one who rejected others that confessed to me, but no one that I have genuinely liked has ever rejected me. I guess I now know how those I rejected felt when I turned them down. How they were able to deal with it puzzled me, but they must've been emotionally strong, because I could barely handle it.

My entire body was drenched at this point and I looked up at the grey and cloudy sky. I closed my eyes as the rain hit my face and slid down my cold skin. I guess I was glad that it was raining right now. No one would be able to tell that I was crying.

"Oh, look who it is," someone said and I peeked over at the person, surprised to see who was talking to me.

"Why are you here?" I asked Chelsea. She was wearing a black coat and skinny jeans with boats that went up to her knees. She had an umbrella with her and her eyes were covered by her large sunglasses.

"I'm just out and enjoying this lovely day," she said.

"But it's raining."

"What, am I not allowed to be out here when it's raining? I like this kind of weather. Anyway, where's your umbrella?"

I looked down at the ground. "Forgot it."

"Then go find a roof to stay under, Irwin. Shouldn't you be in the comfort of your hotel with your bodyguard?"

My heart felt like it got stabbed just from the mention of that word: bodyguard. That's what Luke was always going to be, but I wanted him to be more than that.

"Did something happen?" questioned Chelsea, her tone of voice sounding as if she was worried.

"You don't really care," I mumbled, standing up and running my fingers through my damp hair. I looked down at her and gave her a sad smile. "I'll be fine."

"Don't you want to talk about it to someone?"

I shook my head. "Not really. I just want to be alone. Anyway, I'll be going elsewhere now. I'll see you around, I guess."