Chapter 21

AN: Do you guys like the new cover? It was made by @ashtonscute.

So... how about that Wattpad update, huh?

Plus, my break lines went from six hyphens to one, because of the stupid Wattpad update.

There might be a bunch of errors in this chapter (not talking about grammar. I already have a bunch of those), because I was jumping around from paragraph to paragraph to rewrite stuff. I apologize for those and any confusions.

Dedication: teasipstyles [See picture above.]

"Bon appétit," Luke said as he somehow managed to carry over two cups of water and two plates of pizza.

"Ah, tu parles français?" I asked him, one corner of my lips curving the slightest bit upwards.

He just blinked at me. "I don't know what you just said, but yes."

I shook my head. "'No' is what I think you meant."

"Wait, what did you ask me?"

Instead of answering him, I laughed and took one of the cups of water from him, drinking it before setting the cup down. "What kind of pizzas are they?"

"Pepperoni," Luke said, placing the food on top of the table. "But if you don't want it, I can just eat them both and get you something that you will eat."

"I'm fine. I'll just eat it."

He raised an eyebrow at me. "You sure? Pizza's just as greasy as burgers, and last time I offered you a burger, you wouldn't eat it."

"I'm not very fond of burgers. Pizza is bearable." I slid the plate of pizza over to myself, picking off the slices of pepperoni and setting them aside. With every piece I tossed off, Luke would pick it up and bring it over to his plate.

"So, princess," my bodyguard began as he lifted his pizza up to his mouth, "what's your story?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, taking a tiny bite out of my food.

"Well, I told you my past. How did you get to where you are?"

"It's not worth talking about." To avoid having to talk more, I took in a bigger piece of the pizza and then set it down.

"I'm just going to wait for you to finish your food before I bring up the topic again."

My eyebrows furrowed and I stared down at the food. After swallowing the piece I bit, I said, "This pizza doesn't taste good. It's too salty."

"Really?" Luke eyed his slice before munching the tip of it. "Mine tastes fine to me. Do you want me to get you something else to eat?"

As much as I was tempted to say yes, I decided against my want. "I'll just finish it. You did pay for it after all."

"If you insist." He resumed to eating his pizza, taking a large bite out of it. He picked up his cup of water and began drinking it. Then he set his drink aside. "Anyway, what's your family like?"

I frowned. "I don't want to talk about them."

"Oh. Bad family?" He took a bite out of his pizza.

"The worst." I drank my water before setting the nearly empty cup aside. "They're not worth my breath, so just drop the subject."

Luke nodded his head, swallowing his food. "If you say so."

"Would you like a refill of your water?" someone asked and my and Luke's eyes glanced up at the waiter holding a pitcher of water.