Chapter 27

AN: I can't believe it's been over a month. I'm sorry for how poor I am at updates. But hey, I hope you enjoy this chapter. I just want to get this story finished with already. (It's almost over, anyway.)

Dedication: fallovtluke [For making the pictures in the media]

By the time I grew more conscious, the van was still in motion and I was lying on my stomach against the cold metal ground. I opened my eyes, but all I could see were tiny holes of the sack that was over my head. When I went to get myself into a more comfortable position, I felt ropes tied around my wrists and ankles, but that didn't keep me from turning over onto my back and sitting upright.

I heard some men talking and I scooted closer to the noise to listen to what they were saying, but then the van ran over a speed bump and I lost balance, falling over again.

The conversation stopped abruptly and I held in a breath as I waited for what was next. Then I heard one of them say, "Check what's up. I'mma pull over."

As the vehicle came to a halt, my eyes widened and I held in a breath, remaining as still as possible. I heard the sound of the door opening and I could see a bright light flashing at me through the minute holes of the sack. The van tilted a bit when someone stepped inside and the next thing I knew the sack was being forced off me as the light shined in my face.

I winced at its brightness, squinting a bit to see if I could make out the faces of the people, but I couldn't see past the light.

"Looks like he's awake!" the guy shouted and I slowly began to move away until my back was pressed against the wall of the car.

"Stay back there and keep an eye on him," another person ordered, the car going in motion again. "Don't want him pulling any funny business."

The guy before me moved towards the back doors of the van and I was able to see the silhouette. He shut the doors and went back to me, but I didn't want to be anywhere near him.

A muffled sound came from me and I shook my head frantically, getting away from the guy, but I didn't get very far as he hooked one arm around my waist and pulled me close to him so my back was to him and I was in between his legs.

"Stop moving," he hissed, but I didn't listen as I continued squirming and screaming in his hold. "I said stop moving, damn it!" The guy set down his flashlight and grabbed something else and I let out a gasp when that something else was being held against my neck.

That had got me to stop moving and I felt my heart pounding in my chest in fear he would hurt me. I let out a whimper and bit down on the rag when he pressed the knife deeper into my skin, not enough to leave a cut on me at least.

"Struggle and I will not hesitate to slice your throat," he growled.

I gulped as my breathing increased and tears were starting to form. I closed my eyes and I wanted nothing more than for Luke to come rescue me and keep me safe in his arms. But instead I was being held against some big guy who reeked and was threatening to cut me if I moved.

After ten minutes of the guy constantly telling me to stop making noises (though I didn't since I couldn't get myself to stop), the van stopped again and this time the ignition was turned off. I heard the people up front getting out of the car and the sound of dirt underneath their footsteps. Eventually the back doors opened and I saw two more figures and I also took a glimpse of the background behind them, seeing a large rundown building.

"'Kay, get 'im out," said one of them and then the guy behind me moved away from me, but then he gripped my shirt and started dragging me out of the car that way.