Chapter 22

AN: It's pretty obvious that I'm not famous, so I have no idea how any of this fame stuff works. Just bear with me here. Weird chapter is weird, by the way.

Dedication: ashtonscute [Made the cover in the media for this story c: thank you]

Even though there was knocking at the door, neither Luke nor I moved off of the bed.

Our legs were tangled together and his arms were holding me close to his body, like they would keep me safe from anything. I would sometimes feel his soft puffs of breaths hit my hair and I'd simply smile, snuggling against him even more.

The knocking happened again and I didn't want either of us to get up and answer it. Plus, I was still without clothes while Luke at least had a pair of boxers on.

After Luke had asked me to be his boyfriend, he just pulled me into his arms and we both lay down on the bed. Luke eventually drifted to sleep while I, on the other hand, remained awake and felt secure in his hold.

Since we were facing each other and Luke's chin was rested on top of my head, I would occasionally press kisses to Luke's collarbone, and I'd hear him sigh in content.

My arms weren't around him, but more like awkwardly in between our bodies. I draped one arm over him, because I was getting slightly uncomfortable, but that small gesture made him squirm a bit before he pulled me closer, which was somehow possible considering we were already closer than ever.

The longer I stayed in Luke's arms, the hotter I was starting to feel, and I wasn't talking about looks. I was feeling myself beginning to sweat, and that isn't pretty at all. I didn't want to pull away from him, but the heat was becoming unbearable.

So I finally drew away from him, a reluctant groan leaving him. It started to feel cooler now, but I was still burning up a bit. Then I thought that I should take a quick cold shower.

But before I could stand to gather my clothes, I was reminded that someone was at the suite door when the knocking occurred once again. I was still bare, but I didn't have to answer the door, for Luke began stirring in his sleep, sitting upright and groggily rubbing at his eyes.

"I'll get the door," Luke said to me. "Go get dressed, princess." Then, without pulling on any other clothes, Luke stood from the bed and walked out of the room in only his boxer shorts.

I picked out some clothes and then hurried towards the bathroom, laying my clothes on the sink counter and immediately going under the shower head. I turned the water on and adjusted the lever of the shower to make the water cold, instantly feeling better and more refreshed.

The water cascaded from the top of my head to my toes as I began to lather shampoo and conditioner into my hair. After I finished with that, I picked up a bar of soap and let that run all over my body.

Once I was feeling much cleaner than before, I shut the cold water off and stepped out, grabbing a clean towel that was hanging off of a rack. First, I dried my hair a bit from the excess water that was dripping, and then I went to dry the rest of myself off. I pulled on my clothes, which was just a pair of skinny jeans and a T-shirt, and then exited the bathroom.

The moment I stepped out, I saw Michael seated on the couch my bodyguard usually took over while Luke, now wearing dress pants, a dress shirt, and a tie, was making the bed.

"I got you some Tylenol and water," Michael said, holding out the said contents towards me.

I shook my head and told him, "I don't need it. My head's fine now."

My manager simply nodded, setting the bottles beside him before it fell over onto its side.

"Michael said that you've got a meeting to attend to," Luke spoke up and I turned my attention towards him, seeing him finish what he was doing before. "It's regarding your tour that's happening next year."