Chapter 25.5

AN: Oh, look. Another half chapter. And a very, very, VERY cute Michael gif.

You guys do know how old Malum are in this story, right? Because even though I haven't said their age directly, I did give you a clue or two about you how old they are.

Dedication: InsxneBxnds [It's a half chapter though, but hey, it's something, right? I hope this is acceptable for you >n<]

I lied.

I didn't have anything to do before tonight. I just wanted a day to myself to relax and think over some things. Although, I should've told Luke and Ashton that instead, but I just didn't want them to talk to me about it, in case they even cared at all.

So after Luke and Ashton left the cafe, everyone fell silent. Of course, some people were whispering and I felt like they might've been talking about what happened. I would like to think that wasn't the case, but I would never know.

However, I had no doubt in my mind that word would get out about Ashton having a boyfriend who also happened to be his bodyguard. I wasn't sure how Ashton's fans would react. I was sure a majority of them would be supportive, but I also had a feeling that there would be parts of the fandom that would be very upset. I just hoped those parts wouldn't be big.

I had the waiter pack up Luke and Ashton's food and leave it at the front desk for the two. Then afterwards I decided to go back up to my room to get changed into a more comfortable attire.

Once I got to my room, I stripped out of the current clothes I was wearing and picked up a pair of jeans, a white T-shirt, and a jacket that belonged to Calum. He always left his jacket over here, because California weather was so weird. It was cold one moment and then it decided to be blazing hot next.

I didn't realize the next thing I did was fall onto the bed with my face buried in his jacket, taking in his scent. I drew away and just stared at the jacket with my eyes half open.

"Calum smells nice," I commented, pretty much hugging the jacket close to myself. I closed my eyes and I wanted to fall asleep while still breathing in my best friend's smell.

As much as I wanted to visit Calum at the hospital, I had to respect his wishes. He didn't want me there, then that's that. I would just make him even more upset if I showed up.

Calum was the kind of person who pushed away people whenever he wasn't happy. I was sure I did something that made him like that, but I wasn't sure what. I mean, he was fine with me the day before, but now he didn't even want to be with me.

I kind of miss him. I wish it was next week already, so I can take him out of the hospital and spend more time with him. I wonder what he's doing right now.

I sat upright and set his jacket on my lap, reaching inside my pocket for my phone so I could call him. When I found his name, I hesitated on calling, because what if he didn't want to talk to me? What if he would reject my call and send me straight to voicemail? Well, he did say that I couldn't visit him, but he never said I couldn't call, right?

So then I pressed the call button and brought the phone up to my ear, hearing the ringing twice before I was sent to voicemail.

"Hey, it's Michael," I heard myself answer. I couldn't help as I smiled, because I remembered that I was there when Calum wanted to make a new voicemail and he let me make one for him. "Calum can't make it to the phone right now, because he's a butt and he sucks. Just leave a message and he'll get back to you."

But instead of leaving a voicemail, I hung up right away and set my phone aside. I felt a little bit cold, so I put on Calum's jacket and lay down on the bed, curling into myself.