Chapter 20

AN: This chapter's quite dull at first, I think. Despite this being boring, comments are very much appreciated. Every single one.

Fun fact: In the entire story, princess shows up way more than Ashton.

Dedication: sweater-paws [She made a cover for The Bodyguard c: thanks, Aiko!]

Luke and I were currently sitting on a bench in the park, my bodyguard eating away at a cookies and cream ice cream in a bowl while I was playing zen mode of Chuzzle on his phone. The puffy thingies were so cute, but there was a fact in the beginning before the game started that said something along the lines of the puffy thingies liking to explode. They're quite the masochists.

While I was playing the game, I noticed something from the corner of my eye approach me and I looked up, seeing a male duck waddling over to me.

"Shoo!" I shouted, waving an arm out at it like it would somehow get the duck to move away from me, but it kept getting closer. "Go away!"

"Princess, are you seriously yelling at a duck?" Luke asked as he laughed. "Wow, you're one strange individual."

"Ducks are evil." I stuck my tongue out at the animal and it just turned its head from left to right, looking at its surroundings.

"At least they don't try to abduckt you. See what I did there?"

"Shut up, Luke. That was the worst thing I've ever heard in my entire life." I pulled my feet on top the bench so they were flat against it, glaring at the bird. "Get rid of it!"

"Whatever, princess." He stood up from his spot and walked over to the duck, slowly approaching it as he waved his ice cream spoon at it. "Waddle on, ducky. Princess doesn't appear to be a duck person."

"Of course, I'm not," I grumbled.

Luke looked over at me. "Oh? What made you dislike ducks so much?"

"I just don't like them, okay? Hurry up and get rid of it before it gets any closer to me."

He glanced back at the duck before looking back at me. Then a mischievous smile came onto his face as he went behind the duck and guided it towards the bench.

"Luke, what the hell are you doing?!" I yelled, scooting away as the duck approached me. "Get rid of it!"

"I'm going to name you Douglas," Luke said, completely ignoring me. "Go towards princess now."

"This isn't funny! Knock it off!" My back was pressed against the arm of the bench. I raised Luke's phone up. "I will attack that thing with your phone!"

Luke stopped walking and stood up straighter, his eyes looking back at mine. "That thing's name is Douglas. And go ahead--throw my phone. You can just buy me a new and better one since you're filthy rich."

I groaned, getting off of the bench by climbing on top of the backrest and hopping onto the grass. behind. "I think I actually hate you more than I like you."

"Hm, we'll see about that." He shooed the dumb duck away before he sat down on the bench, one leg thrown over the other. He went back to eating his ice cream and then held out the cup at me. "Want some?"

"Um, no." I pushed his ice cream back to him.

Luke shrugged. "Suit yourself. Come sit next to me."

I sent a glare at him before I took a seat beside him. Since I was still holding his phone, I resumed to playing the game on his phone. It was quite boring, but it was just some way to pass time as he ate his ice cream.