Chapter 12

AN: Thanks for getting this story to 5K votes ^^ I appreciate it very much x Oh, and this chapter was kind of weird to me? XD I don't know, I had to write something.

The book cover on top is also made by pin_head_LARRY.

Why do I always write about the guys being in restaurants? There are other places, too! XD Come on, Max! Be more creative!

Dedication: Mukeaf1357

Michael was rambling on and on about my schedule for the next day and he didn't seem to be the least bit aware of Luke's emotional situation. Then again, my manager was always oblivious to how others around him felt.

I kind of felt bad (very rare that I do) for asking about the plane ticket. I had Luke sit next to me when we were at the restaurant so I could make sure he was okay and I would pat his knee when he seemed down.

The gesture didn't give him much comfort, so I held his hand instead, our fingers lacing and we haven't parted them since.

"So tomorrow evening," Michael continued, "you'll be attending a meeting regarding your tour that's starting next year in July and we'll need to go through what songs you are going to perform. Oh, and speaking of songs, you're gonna have to finish up the one that you and Calum were working on on your own by tomorrow night."

"Great," I said. "I can do that."

"You also have to go to a radio talk show the day after and then a Q&A session where you'll be meeting some of your fans. Oh, and the day after that..."

I tuned my manager out, not in the mood in hearing him go on about my schedule. I'll just have him remind me of when stuff happens. He always does anyway.

I stole a quick glance at Luke and noticed that he was still wearing a blank expression on his face. I didn't know how else I can brighten his mood. I've never comforted anyone in my entire life, not even when Michael ran into a bike rack and fell on his face. Calum was the one that came to Michael's aide in the end.

My eyes traveled down to our hands and I just stared at them, squeezing Luke's hand a bit. He responded by doing the same and I looked back up at him, seeing he was looking at me and giving a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"What's with the staring into the other's eyes moment that you two are having?" Michael asked and I broke eye contact with my bodyguard to look at my manager. "It's making me uncomfortable."

"Why?" Luke asked. "It has nothing to do with you."

"But I feel like a third wheel."

"Well, when Calum's out of the hospital, you two can stare at each other as long as you want."

Michael gave us a blank expression. "Why would I want to stare at Calum?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Why wouldn't you?"

"Unlike you two that like each other, I don't have feelings for Calum. He's a friend and that's it."

Even after the moment they had this morning with the cuddling and kiss, Michael still doesn't see Calum's feelings. He's the most oblivious person ever.

"Don't deny it," Luke said, laughing.

"Like how you two didn't?" Michael asked.

"Deny what?"

"I said you two like each other, and you two didn't deny anything."

I laughed at Michael's words as I pulled my hand from Luke's.

"What? Me like Luke?" I repeated. "Please, I don't like Luke. I'm not gay. I like girls all the way. No dicks for me."

"That's nice, princess," Luke said. "You didn't have to sound defensive, you know."