Chapter 10

AN: If you didn't know already, the middle seats of the car are facing each other. Like, one row is facing the back of the car while the other row is facing the front of the car. You get what I mean? Sorry if you didn't imagine the car like that earlier... ^^;

Dedication: pin_head_LARRY [Thank you for the new book cover! ^^ And your other one is on the top/side x]

"Something's different..." Michael said as he put his index and thumb to his chin, pretending to stroke a beard that he didn't have and never will have.

"What is?" Luke asked.

He shook his head. "I don't know... I can't seem to put my finger on it."

"Okay, when you figure it out-"

"Oh, I got it! You two are getting along!"

I glanced over at Luke who looked back at me. I quickly averted my eyes from him, my face turning a bit red. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I even turned away in the first place. I mean, it's just Luke, my bodyguard. Nothing special about that.

"We are?" Luke questioned.

"Well, you two aren't fighting, not to mention you're sitting next to each other. That's a sign that you two are getting used to one another."

"I guess so." Luke slung his arm over my shoulder, making me tense. I peeked over at him and saw that he was looking over at my manager. He didn't seem to be aware of where his arm was, but it was all that was on my mind at the moment.

All of the noise around me seemed to fade when my eyes went to look towards Luke's face. His facial muscles were relaxed, but suddenly his lips curved upward an his eyes squinted the slightest bit, making him look as if he was laughing at whatever Michael had said. I didn't catch what my manager said, but I didn't care.

I looked over at his hand that was hanging loosely by my shoulder. The fingers brushed against the sleeve of my shirt and it'd occasionally make movements, probably to match Luke's talking.

I hadn't realized my head was leaning against Luke's shoulder until I felt him raise it just a bit. I didn't move away though. I was too comfortable.

But then Luke retracted his arm and he leaned forward, shouting, "Seriously?!"

I glanced over at him in a confused manner before I heard my manager speak.

"Yeah. Ever since you became Ashton's bodyguard, you've gotten a small amount of female fans yourself."

Luke leaned back in his seat, his eyes looking upward as he smirked to himself. "That's pretty cool."

I rolled my eyes and groaned. He's got a few fans. Big deal. He's got nothing but skills in self defense and a black belt. I mean, his looks are quite average. He just has blond hair that's styled into a hot quiff...

"Ashton?"

... Blue eyes that can captivate you...

"Ashton."

... An amazing smile that can make anyone's heart melt...

"Ashton!"

... And a body that anyone would love to run their fingers over...

"Oh, my God... Ashton!"

... And the fact that he knows how to fight makes him even more attractive.

Okay, maybe he and his looks are just a little bit above average, but that is the most credit I'll give him.

"Princess!"