021

"You awake?" Rory's soft voice broke the silence that once stood in Harley's bedroom. "Yeah." The girl called out as she sat up to switch on her lamp.

"Here." Rory dumped an arm full of candy and two flavors of ice cream down onto the bed before crawling under the covers beside her sister. "What's all this?" Harley questioned as she was handed a spoon.

"Let's have some Heartache." Rory shrugged. "Really?" Harley chuckled as she gave her sister a look. "Yes, really. Now tell me what's up with you and Spencer because I'm so lost." Rory spoke as she removed the lid to the mint chocolate chip ice cream.

"Ugh, I don't know! He tried to kiss me and that's all I've wanted for years so I should have  been ecstatic, except it just made me really disappointed and sad and mad because I love Connor and I just wanted Spencer and I to be friends again."

They switched ice creams.  "But it's Spencer, you guys will be okay no matter what." Rory shrugged. "I thought so too, I thought I'd give him a few weeks to feel mad and rejected and then we would start to mend, but he went to football camp with his dad to get away from me. That's serious hatred-level avoidance."

"Boys suck." Rory concurred.

"Well, studies have shown that our brains develop up to ten years earlier than boys due to easier connections across the two hemispheres, and while the timing, patterning, and neurobiological parallels of such differential development remain poorly understood it's safe to say boys are idiots." Harley shrugged

Rory gave her sister a look. Sometimes she hated the word vomit that was a conversation with her freak of a photographically gifted twin. "What can I say, I browse the Oxford occasionally." The blonde broke a smile.

"Hey, what was up with you the other day?" Rory questioned the girl after a small moment of silence. "When?" Harley had an idea when Rory was talking about. "Friday, at dinner. You were being totally cruel to mom." Rory reminded the girl, who almost winced at the fact that had been the exact when that she was thinking up.

"I was not being cruel." Her hazel eyes rolled as she swirled her melting ice cream. "You were practically making friendship bracelets with grandma." Rory quipped back. "Fine, maybe I was a little spiteful but in my defense I really didn't think mom was going to accept Max's proposal."

"Why wouldn't she?" Rory's brows furrowed. "Mom's a runner Ror. She ran away from home, from her parents, from dad. When things get serious she runs. I know it, and you know it, and she surely knows it too."

"This is different though, mom's different now." Rory tried. "Maybe you're right. Maybe the other shoe isn't going to fall this time. But, come on Rory, I mean she won't even entertain the idea of planning her own wedding." Harley paused, looking over at her frowning sister.

"Look, all I'm saying is we shouldn't get our hopes up when it comes to mom and relationships." Rory nodded. "Yeah, okay."

。゚❁ུ۪ °ₒ 𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆

"I sincerely apologize for whatever we're about to walk into." Harley whispered into Sadie's ear as they waited for the door in front of them to open. "Well, hello there! Well, hello there." Emily greeted, a little less enthusiastically as her eyes landed on dean.

"Grandma, you remember Dean right?" Rory spoke up as Harley gave Sadie a small smirk, this was going to be interesting. "Yes I do, nice to see you again." Emily spoke flatly.