031

"No Mom, I'm sure one crinoline will be plenty. No, she doesn't. I'm sure she doesn't. Yeah, in what scenario would I have bought the girls elbow-length kidskin gloves, Mom?" Lorelai started.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I meant what scenario on my planet would I have bought the girls elbow-length kidskin gloves?" Harley watched her mother walk through the house with the home phone held against her ear before her attention was pulled onto Rory.

"So?" The brunette drawled on. "So, what?" Dean puzzled, his eyebrow raised. "It's good huh?" She tried. "It's the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction." Dean shrugged. "And doesn't Neil Young look cool?" Harley questioned, trying to help her sister merely out of boredom.

"I guess."

"If you'll notice, he's wearing a tux." Rory pointed out eagerly. "Neil Young looks cool because he's Neil Young, not because he's wearing a tux," Spencer spoke up from where he was seated behind Harley.

"No, I don't have to ask her mom 'cause I know the answer. I know the answer Mom, I know the answer. Yeah, no, okay, well I don't have to ask her Mom, Hold on. Rory, would you like Grandma's hairstylist to come and set your hair before the ball? Oh, I did not coach her Mom, go back to talking about gloves."

Harley had already planned for Emily and Valerie to take her to get her hair done the day of the ball, or more so the two women planned to force Harley into it even if they had to drag her every step of the way.

"I think you're gonna look great in a tux," Rory stated, causing Harley to chuckle lightly. "Tails." The blonde corrected. "What?" Dean paled. "Yeah, It's on the second page. All escorts must be properly attired in black tails, white cummerbunds, and white gloves." Harley listed off.

"What?"

"I'm sure the gloves are optional." Rory tried to calm the boy.

"Not according to this." Lane spoke as she read the pamphlet. "Tails? Gloves?" Dean repeated his face paling. "Remember Neil Young. Remember that you love me. Remember that I'll be watching BattleBots with you for a month." Rory reminded the boy as Spencer watched in amusement.

"Show me Neil Young again."

"You are truly the best girlfriend ever for not forcing Connor to suffer through this." Lane applauded. "Aren't I?" Harley snickered. Not even a moment later a horn sounded from outside, causing the girl to dart up to her feet and run out the door, almost bumping into Lorelai.

"Whoa! Hold it right there. A lady never runs out to meet a gentleman caller who hasn't been announced." Christopher joked, causing both girls to yield. "Sorry, we haven't tamed my wild ways yet." Rory joked. "Thank God I'm here now."

"I missed you!" Both girls spoke in almost unison before hugging the man. "Me too." He chuckled. "Hey." Lorelai greeted, kissing him on the cheek. "Hey. What is this?" She questioned, gesturing to the car. "What? Oh my God, where did this come from?" The man mocked Lorelai."What happened to your bike?"

"A crazy game of key exchange at the car wash."

"This is a car."

"Yes, it is."

"It has four wheels and a roof and airbags and seat belts and my God, it smells like a forest." Lorelai pointed out. "Well, I needed a little more space. Had something big to haul. I believe this belongs to you."