011

"Ready?" Rory questioned Harley, who finished switching out her books just as her sister closed her own locker

"Ready?" Rory questioned Harley, who finished switching out her books just as her sister closed her own locker. "She'll meet you in there," Connor announced as he approached, taking Harley under his arm.

"Hey, twin theft is a serious crime!" Rory called out after him. It was a silly warning tossed out in true Gilmore fashion, but the look Rory gave her didn't feel silly at all. "Relax, Ror. I'm right behind you." Harley assured, keeping a smile on her face as Connor eagerly tugged her down the hallway.

"Connor!" Harley couldn't keep herself from giggling as he all but dragged her into an empty classroom. "You, Harley Gilmore have made it impossible for me to pass statistics." He giggled boyishly. "How am I meant to calculate probability when all I can think about is you?"

Connor sat on top of a desk, pulling Harley so that she was standing with his knees on each side of her. "You, Connor Blythe, are going to make us both late to Government." She let her eyes roll as he took both her hands in his.

"You can't be late if you just don't go." Connor posed, pecking the girl's knuckle. "I can't. Lorelai would kill me." She frowned, causing him to drop his hands with a sigh. "Wishful thinking that I could spend some alone time with my oh-so-busy girlfriend."

"Well, funny you say that." Harley's fingers walked up Connor's arm. "Oh no." He groaned. "No, no it's not bad. My neighbor's out of town and Rory and I are supposed to be catsitting but Rory's got this insane idea to play house with Dean, so I say we do our own thing while they do their Donna Reed thing."

"Our own thing." He smirked, his brows raising in curiosity. "Don't get any wild ideas. Just something simple. Low key."

"I can do low-key."

☕︎

"I think Apricot likes me." Connor purred, cradling the fluffy kitten in his arms. "He's just a kitten, he doesn't know better." Harley teased, her legs stretched out over Connor's lap and her head rested on the back of Babette's couch, chin resting on her folded arms.

"Do you think I should call him? We didn't say a time but It's weird that he isn't here yet, right?" Rory wondered from the kitchen. "He's probably on his way right now." Connor tried. "And if he isn't, he's surely going to regret missing this." Harley giggled, turning to look at her sister's silly 60's housewife getup.

"Don't you two have anything better to do than sit around and mock me?" Rory scoffed.

"Not really, no."

"Actually," Connor piped up, setting Apricot free as he spoke, "We do,"

"Do we?" Harley's blonde brows raised. "We do."  He pulled Harley into his lap by her legs before standing with her cradled in his arms. "Hey!" She shrieked between giggles.