037

"You're here!" Harley greeted Connor as he walked through the door of the inn. "I'm here." He smiled, looking her up and down. Her blonde hair had been pulled back into a sleek ponytail, fully showing off her calf length black velvet dress.

"You look gorgeous, Goldie." He complemented, his hand on her waist. "Why, thank you Connor. It did take me nine long hard months to craft such beauty." Lorelai interjected. "Mom." Harley warned.

"Are you alone for the evening, Connor?" Lorelai questioned. "Yes, it's just me. Valerie and my father took Henry with them to Vienna and Sadie is away visiting her boyfriend for the weekend." He explained.

"Oh, relax. I'm just making conversation." Lorelai let out at the look on her daughter's face. "I'm glad you could join us, Connor." Lorelai patted the boy's shoulder before going to greet other guests. "Is she finally warming up to me?" He snorted.

"I think she's beginning to realize that you're not just a terrible rebellious teenage phase." Harley giggled.

"Oh, god."

"What?" Connor glanced at where Harley was looking. "Jess is coming over. Don't take anything he says seriously." She warned.

"So, you're the boyfriend." Jess greeted. "Yeah, Connor. It's nice to meet you." He held out his hand, but Jess just looked at it blankly. "Shake his hand." Harley hissed, and the boy begrudgingly obliged. "You're shorter than I imagined." Jess offered.

"You're no Dean yourself," Connor chuckled. "Speaking of Dean, why is he looking more annoyed by your presence than usual?" Harley's brow raised. "Well, I might have punched at him." Jess shrugged.

"You punched him?"

"Relax, angel, Dean is perfectly unharmed. I just swung in his general direction." His eyes rolled. "Why would you punch at Dean?" Jess gave Harley an unimpressed look. "Have you met the guy? What? He got in my way. I had momentum."

"Rory will be furious with you." Harley spoke. "Rory is always furious with me." He scoffed. "He likes Rory?" Connor questioned, looking between Jess and Harley.

"Yes." "No"

"Oh, there's no point in denying it. It's painfully obvious." Harley chuckled. "Don't be stupid. Rory's so Rory." He made a face.

"He's been Gilmored." Harley ignored Jess's protests as she turned to face her boyfriend, a smirk on her lips.

☕︎

"They're here."

"Who?" Rory questioned. "The Joy-less Luck Club." Lorelai explained just as they approached. "Hello girls. You look particularly lovely tonight." Richard complemented. "Thanks Grandpa."

"Thanks Dad. You guys look nice yourselves." Lorelai forced out. "Seems like the occasion called for it." Emily smiled. "The air seems crisper here than Hartford. It's wonderful."

"Hey Dad, you didn't grab the wrong prescription bottle earlier today, did you?" Lorelai snickered. "What?"

"I think she was making one of her funny jokes." Emily guessed. "Oh, went straight over my head." He chuckled. "Let me get someone to help you with your bags." Lorelai offered. "No, no, I've got them. Just point me to the room."