001

(The graphic looks horrible in dark mode someone please help)

Harley Gilmore entered the Independence Inn with her twin sister in tow before the pair slipped behind the front desk to rummage through a drawer

Harley Gilmore entered the Independence Inn with her twin sister in tow before the pair slipped behind the front desk to rummage through a drawer. "What are your offspring doing?" Michel questioned in a thick French accent.

"I need stamps, can I have these?" Rory looked over at her mother for permission as she held some up, ignoring the man beside her. "No." Michel barked before Lorelai had the chance to respond, making a chuckle leave Harley's lips.

"Take them. What's with the muumuu?" Lorelai questioned as Harley neatly paper-clipped her French paper together. "I think it's very Elizabeth Taylor of her." Harley defended, not bothering to look up from the paper in her hands.

"Stop." Rory insisted, not liking the topic of conversation at hand. "No, I'm just saying, you couldn't find one made of metal in case anyone has X-ray eyes?" Their mother continued despite Rory's plea. "And now we say goodbye."

"Hey, have Michel look at your French papers before you two go," Lorelai called out as both girls exited behind the desk. "Excuse me?"

"That'd be great." Rory smiled at the man who was giving her a deep frown. "No." Michel deadpanned. "Come on, Michel. I'll tell all the ladies what a stud you are." Harley jokingly offered as she stood on her tippy toes. "I believe that memo has already been sent."

"Oh please, Michel. Pretty please with sugar on top. I will stop talking like this." Lorelai spoke, the blonde Gilmore trying not to crack a smile as her mother begged the man in a fake French accent.

"Leave it. I'll look at them if I get the chance." Michel gave in."It's due tomorrow. And pay special attention to the grammar." Rory happily instructed as both she and Harley placed their papers in front of him.

Exiting the inn, Rory and Harley walked a couple of blocks before being met by a waiting Lane Kim. Harley and Lane's relationship was a complicated one, to say the least. Harley didn't care much for the girl and she wasn't exactly Lane's cup of tea either, but over the years the two have had their moments.

She was more like family now instead of just being the annoying, weird chick her twin sister frequently hung out with that she once was. It had taken a year, or five, to accept the quirky girl but she had for the most part.

"When are you going to let your parents know that you listen to the evil rock music? You're an American teenager for God's sake." Rory spoke as Harley looked around, her eyes searching in every direction for an out.