027

Just as the Gilmore girls had agreed upon the night before, the three had been packed and on the road by six thirty, and three hours later Harley and Rory had gotten Lorelai to pick a destination so they weren't just aimlessly driving as they had been.

Of course, Lorelai had insisted on visiting a B&B owned by a Donald  something-or-other Stein.

"Hello there." The older woman behind the desk greeted them as they entered said B&B. "Hi." Lorelai greeted in return as Harley stood closely behind her mother, huffing at the weight of her many bags.

"Would you like to ring the bell?" The woman questioned, a large smile on her face. "What?" Lorelai questioned, gazing at the object in question. "Would you like to ring the bell, you or one of your daughters?" She repeated as Rory came up behind Lorelai. "I don't understand." The eldest Gilmore faked a laugh.

"I'm not usually sitting here when guests arrive, so people ring the bell and they love to ring the bell, and you didn't get to ring the bell." The woman explained. "Uh." Lorelai hesitantly rang the gold bell before giving her daughter a skeptical look. "Well done."

"Uh, do you have a room available?" Lorelai questioned as the woman stood. "Yes, we most certainly do, you lucky pretty things you." She beamed, making Harley wince. No one should be that cheery. "See, they have a room." Lorelai gave Rory a smirk. "Good."

"Um, does Donald happen to be here?" Lorelai questioned with a fake smile."Oh no no, I bought this place from Donald last year. It's my place now. I'm LaDonn." The woman cheered. "Hi. Oh, yes, I noticed it was a little different. Actually, very different."

"Oh, did you see it before?"

"Pictures." She shrugged.

"Well, it was wacky, just like Donald. It was fun, you know, but just a little too woo-woo. It was just too eclectic. I don't care for eclectic. I don't think B&B-ers do either."

"No, you wouldn't want anything out of the normal."

"Okay, room number 3 is all yours. Welcome to the Cheshire Cat." The woman handed Lorelai a large room key shaped like a paw. "Nice name. I'm gonna consult with my daughter for just one second." Lorelai walked a few steps away from the front desk. " We must leave this place immediately." Lorelai pleaded.

"And sleep where?" Rory questioned, an unimpressed look upon her face. "Uh, a hollow tree, a riverbank, I don't care." Lorelai shrugged. "Mom, we're tired and we're starving," Harley argued. "Okay, she's named the place after an Alice in Wonderland character. This is my worst nightmare."

"And dying of exposure in a Jeep is mine." The girl quipped back at her mother. "Okay, okay." Lorelai gave in, walking back to the front desk. "So, just point the way to room three." Lorelai forced a smile. "I'll take you there myself. Let me just grab your bags."

"Oh, we can do that." Rory tried to stop the woman. "No no no no no, you are my guests. I won't hear of it. There you go." She spoke as she took three bags from the group."Do you wanna ring the bell? You haven't rung the bell." She questioned the two younger girls who both shared a look.

"Maybe some other time." "Not particularly."

"Follow me." LaDonn led them to the staircase. Watch out for Sammy." She warned. "Wowsie Wowza." Lorelai gasped at the sight of the rather large cat lounging on the stairs. "That's either Sammy or the cat that ate Sammy." Rory agreed. "Or a tailless raccoon." Harley marveled as she quickly ran up the stairs and past the large feline.