015

Harley quietly entered her house, careful not to draw the attention of the oldest Gilmore woman who was asleep upstairs

Harley quietly entered her house, careful not to draw the attention of the oldest Gilmore woman who was asleep upstairs. Once inside Harley went towards the stairs, but was stopped by the light shining out of Rory's room. "What are you doing up, sweets?" Harley questioned as she entered the girl's room.

"Can't sleep," Rory explained as she slid over in her bed to make room for the girl. "rule #3?" Harley offered her sister. They had plenty of rules. Rules about keeping secrets, taking each other's side in fights, and calling dibs on boys.

Both girls pulled the cover above their heads as they turned to face each other. "Dean broke up with me," Rory spoke, numbness in her voice. "Wait what, why? He's madly in love with you, why would he do that?" Harley's brows furrowed.

"That's the problem."

"Oh, shame on him. How dare he love you?"

"No, he told me he loved me and I couldn't say it back." Her eyes brimmed with tears. "We were having the perfect date and he took me to the junkyard to show me the car he was building me and he just said it and ruined everything."

"He built you a car? And you didn't say you love him back?" Harley had never been more disappointed in her sister. "Why didn't you just say it back?" Harley questioned. "I don't know. I just couldn't get myself to say the words. I'm horrible, right? I'm a no good heartbreaker who's going to die alone."

"You are not going to die alone, Rory. There are plenty of boys out there. Maybe it's good that you couldn't say it. Maybe It's meant to be." Harley tried, but Rory just sunk into her pillow more and more with every word. "Let's not talk about it anymore. How was dinner? Were Connor's parents snobby and evil?"

"No, they were great."

"And?" Rory asked expectantly. "And I slept with Connor." Harley blurted. "What? Oh my god. Why would you let me drone on and on about Dean? Are you okay, did he-"

"No, it was great, he was great. He was so sweet and just, great." Harley cut her sister off.

"Where did you guys-?" Rory questioned. "The treehouse. I mean I'm really lucky to have someone that made sure it was great, right?"

"Yeah, Some guys aren't so considerate,"

"Connor's always super considerate."

Rory wasn't all that surprised that Harley had lost her virginity first. After all, she's Harley Gilmore. Rory wasn't implying that her sister was a slut or anything like that, but there was no denying that Harley wasn't like Rory.