039

"So, what's this I hear about the DAR ladies meeting at the Independence Inn?" Sadie questioned as she painted Harley's nails

"Well, Rory told Emily that we have termites and that caused a huge fight because Lorelai didn't want their help and she didn't want Rory asking for it either. But Emily managed to pull some strings to help Lorelai get a loan from the bank and in return got a small favor instead of a huge favor." Harley summarized.

"Is Rory still wigging about you being smarter than her?" Connor wondered from where he was lounging on Sadie's couch across from the bed.

"She wasn't wigging." Harley's eyes rolled. "She was a little wigged out," Sadie agreed with Connor. "Well, maybe a little. But she deserves to wig. She works so hard."

"You work hard too, H. You guys go to the same fancy school, take the same insane classes, read the same books. You just don't make studying your whole life."

"I guess." Harley shrugged. "Let's talk about something more exciting, like what we're going to do to celebrate our extraordinary PSAT scores." Connor gave a cheeky smile as she tossed the newspaper he was reading to the side.

"A celebratory PSAT party? It's not even the real deal." Harley laughed. "The test was very real and very long." Connor corrected. "And no party. Just a little something to treat ourselves."

"You two have been scheming." Harley looked between the Blythe siblings. "Scheming sounds seedy. We've merely been brainstorming." Sadie giggled as she carefully cleaned up the edges of Harley's nails with a Q-tip.

"So, what have you come up with?"

"Well, I think a weekend away from the stresses of Hartford would do us nice," Sadie smirked. "A weekend away?" Harley made a face. "To somewhere a little warmer," Connor added.

"Like, a fancy spa with a sauna?" Harley blinked. "Like Florida."  Sadie corrected with a giggle. "Valerie thinks Dad might even agree to go."

"Yeah, right! There's no way my mom is letting me go to Florida. Especially not with my trouble boyfriend." Harley scoffed. "It's only for the weekend. And planes are statistically safer than cars."

"Lorelai gets separation anxiety when I'm upstairs and she's downstairs," Harley stressed. "Maybe Valerie could try and convince her?" Connor offered. "She's very persuasive." Sadie nodded, agreeing with the idea.

"Let me break the ice first." Harley gave in.

。゚❁ུ۪ °ₒ 𓂂 ˚ 𓂂