004

"Shopping for school supplies, party

"Shopping for school supplies, party." Lorelai sang sarcastically as she walked towards Doose's market with Harley and Rory in tow. "Nobody demanded that you come." Harley reminded the woman.

"Are you kidding? How often do you get to do things like this? I was thinking, while we're going crazy, we should get some toilet paper and a plunger next."

"We'll just do this later." Rory sighed. "No, I'm teasing. Come on, get that list of yours out." Rory went to pull out a folded note, but Harley stopped her, listing the items from memory.

"We need legal pads, tons of pens, some number 2 pencils, six highlighters, 2 erasers, a staple remover, and 2 peachy folders."

"You're a freak of nature." Rory teased her sister as she shoved her note back into her jacket pocket. "Thank you." Harley smiled back at her older sister.

"You need 6 highlighters?" Lorelai backtracked. "Yes. Three each." Rory nodded. "You both need three?" Rory nodded at her mother once again. "Three?" Lorelai repeated. "Yes." Harley confirmed. "That's a very random number."

"Three is not a random number." Rory defended as she grabbed two folders and placed them in the basket on her mother's arm. "No, but I mean how did you get to the number 3?" Lorelai continued.

"One dries up, one gets lost, I have one left," Harley explained to Lorelai as she turned to face her. "You two have really thought this out."

 "Yes, she has." Harley applauded Rory. "What came first, the chicken or the egg?" Rory walked past her mother with Harley following behind. "Can we get back to this list please?" The brunette begged."

"Alright. Ooh, hey, legal pads." Lorelai tried to put purple paper into the basket but was stopped by Rory. "No. Those are purple." Rory took the paper away from Lorelai.

"Yes, purple is festive." Lorelai tried. "We can't have purple," Harley explained. "Yes you can, they're on sale." Rory shook her head at her mother's words. "I'm going to a serious school now, I need serious paper."

"Paper's paper." Lorelai pointed out. "Not at Chilton." Both girls spoke at the same time. "Alright, fine. Here is your serious paper." Lorelai gave in.

"Thank you." Rory smiled as Harley rolled her eyes at her sister. She could care less about paper, but the two had a pact, which they both stuck to religiously, to always be on the other's side in an argument.

"Ooh and here are your somber highlighters, your maudlin pencils, your manic-depressive pens." Harley watched her mom entertain herself. "Mom." The blonde tried.