029

"You already agreed, It's too late to back out now." Harley let her hazel green eyes roll as she finished braiding her hair into buns.

"Yeah, but I only said yes because you cried," Spencer argued as he watched the blonde throw on a white juicy couture hoodie over the plan pink top she wore with light-washed jeans.

"They were fake tears and you know it." Harley sang as she slid a thing of lipgloss into her pocket before turning to face Spencer, who was laying on his couch with a frown. "Oh, come on. It'll be fun." Harley tried, pulling him up.

"Cece! We're heading out." Harley announced as she made her way up the basement stairs and into the living room. "Okay, um. Don't do anything stupid, and if you do, don't get caught." Cece advised before giving both Harley and Spencer a kiss on the cheek.

"Got it," Spencer mumbled as he followed Harley out of his house only to find a black car waiting in the driveway. Unlike usual, the car was empty besides Sadie's driver. The car ride was mostly uneventful, Harley spending the majority of the time begging Spencer to behave.

"You're telling me there's only four people living here?" Spencer spoke as he looked up at the large estate in front of him.

The house wasn't much bigger than the Yaves' home, but It somehow seemed so much grander, from the clean white concrete pillars that made up the architectural exterior to the budding rose garden that was the front yard.

They had originally agreed to have the get together at Grant's house, but apparently his parents were not on board with having Austin running around drunk, breaking all their shiny expensive things like last time Grant hosted.

"Three, Austin lives in a new york penthouse with Grant. It's just Nik and his parents now, and maybe a live-in maid, possibly the cook and gardener too." Harley shrugged walking up the driveway. "You can't be serious." Spencer scoffed. "If it makes you feel better there's also the possibility they have a live-in butler and chauffeur. That's at least seven occupants."

"Is there also a footman running around?" Spencer questioned as Harley pulled the boy through the front door. "Well, that sounds a little unlikely but there could be." Harley guessed before realizing Spencer was being rhetorical.

"Stop being such an activist, Spence. If the Montgomerys want to spend their fortune on a large house that simply sits and collects dust then that's their choice." Harley tried as she stood by the front door, looking around.

"Fine. I'm just saying there are people out there that could really use the kind of money it takes to build a uselessly large house." Spencer mumbled as he followed Harley, who was following the sound of a neon trees song playing somewhere in the house.

"Hey! You'd think Goldie would've learned her lesson about entering uninvited." Austin greeted, taking the girl's hand and kissing it as he kneeled slightly. "Clever. You finally learned to read. I guess all those charitable donations to Columbia were worth it after all."

"Jokes on you, he simply made me read it to him. Poor lad can't sleep without a good story and a tuck." Grant snickered as he approached the girl, Sadie by his side. Harley gave Grant a sweet smile, which the boy returned as he embraced Harley.

"Thanks for coming." The brunette offered as he pulled away, taking a step back as Sadie handed a bag to Harley. "We all know she's really only here for me," Sadie grinned as Harley looked down at the brown Bloomingdale bag in her hands. "What's this?"Harley questioned curiously.