Tap

"(Y/n) I have paired you up to go on a mission with Rengoku. People have been going missing on a train, and it's your job to stop the demon that is doing it." Kagaya spoke calmly.

(Y/n) nodded his head, a bright smile adorning his face. Rengoku was giving him an odd look, though merely nodded his head too.

"If you understand what your job is, I have other things to attend to." Kagaya said, his children help lead him away.

Once he was gone, Shinobu made an appearance, her usual smile on her face.

"Hello Rengoku-San!" Shinobu smiled. "Off on a mission I presume?" She asked.

Rengoku let a bright smile pass onto his face, "Yes I am! I'm off to investigate a train!" He smiled.

"I see! Well I shouldn't hold you off any longer!" She smiled, waving goodbye.

Shinobu didn't even acknowledge that (Y/n) was there, though... he didn't mind.

"That makes things easier." (Y/n) thought.

Rengoku started to walk away without (Y/n), making him snap out of his thoughts.

(Y/n) nimbly walked next to Rengoku, the silence tense, a knife could cut through it.

"So (L/n)-San." Rengoku surprisingly broke the tense silence. (Y/n) looked up at him nervously. "I think we should try and out our differences aside and work together on the mission."

Rengoku forced a smile, while (Y/n) furrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" (Y/n) asked. "Differences? What differences?" He inquired.

Rengoku looked at him, and was about to say something, before a voice called for (Y/n). (Y/n) looked back to see the Water Pillar walking towards (Y/n). (Y/n)'s face bloomed into a genuine smile, his eyes lightening up when he saw the Water Pillar.

Rengoku looked between (Y/n) and Giyu, giving them an odd look before shaking his head, "I will meet you at the train station. The mission starts in three days." Rengoku said sighing. (Y/n) actually bore no ill will towards Rengoku, for he didn't even help bully him, though he still just stood to the side and watched.

(Y/n) heard him, though merely nodded his head and walked away, conversing with the Water Pillar. Well more like (Y/n) was talking a lot while Giyu was nodding his head in understanding, only talking o put in his opinion here or there.

For some reason this struck a cord in Rengoku for seemingly no reason, and no matter how much Rengoku tried to push it down, it kept arising back into his thoughts. Rengoku shook his head of these thoughts and walked the opposing way of where (Y/n) and Giyu had disappeared off to.

With (Y/n)

(Y/) didn't even realize that he'd walked unconsciously to the Butterfly Estate with Giyu. Giyu took one look at the place, before quickly bidding (Y/n) goodbye, knowing full well that Shinobu was home.

(Y/n) slightly bowed and walked into the Butterfly Estate, looking a few people. (Y/n) had to wander the huge estate for a while before he came across the room he was looking for. Inside was three boys, one passed out, one crying, and the other was trying to calm the crying one.

(Y/n) recognized the one with the scar to be Tanjiro, the kind one from the trial. He couldn't say he knew the other two, though they looked nice enough. Minus how the gold haired one was crying all over Tanjiro now.

"Ohayo." (Y/n) greeted. This caught the attention of Tanjiro and Zenitsu, the only two that were awake out of the other one in a bed.

"(L/n)-sama!" Tanjiro smiled, meekly getting up from his bed to properly greet (Y/n). (Y/n) immediately rushed to his side, and kindly picked Tanjiro up bridal style accidentally.