Rainbow

"I'm afraid I must go now." (Y/n) bowed politely.

Makio and the other two saddened hearing of (Y/n) departing, though nodded their heads understandingly.

"Be sure to visit us!" Suma clung to (Y/n), lunging at him. (Y/n) smiled and nodded, patting the older women's head.

"Of course, I would enjoy nothing better!" (Y/n) assured. Suma seemed satisfied with his answer, letting go of him, going back to her fellow wives.

Uzui watched, mixed feeling swirling through his chest, but for once didn't voice it.

"I must go!" (Y/n) bowed and quickly left, his crow kept glaring at him.

Timeskip

"Are you ready to go now?" (Y/n) asked Tanjiro, watching the male stumble to put his belt on. (Y/n) shook his head amusedly at Tanjiro, before grabbing the belt and reached around Tanjiro to wrap it around him.

Tanjiro felt (Y/n) basically embrace him, making him blush profusely, but didn't push (Y/n) away.

(Y/n) pulled the belt around and buckled it, not noticing Tanjiro's blushing face.

"Done! We can go now!" (Y/n) looked back to Tanjiro's eyes. Tanjiro was still in a daze, which (Y/n) chuckled, grabbing Tanjiro's hand and walking.

Tanjiro relished the feeling of (Y/n)'s hand encasing his own, before a smile spread on his face, walking with (Y/n).

They walked along a secluded path, trees surrounding them, the sun barely able to shine through the trees.

"Do you think Senjuro knows of Rengoku's passing?" Tanjiro broke the silence.

(Y/n) looked to him and shrugged, "Perhaps, but it's best to deliver this news in person."

Tanjiro nodded, "...have you ever done this before?" Tanjiro asked, looking to (Y/n) again. (Y/n) paused before shaking head and kept walking.

"I have, many times." (Y/n) reminisced.

"May I-"

"We're here!" (Y/n) cut Tanjiro off and went up to their porch.

Senjuro was sweeping the porch when he realized (Y/n) and Tanjiro was there, making him pause.

"Yes? Who are you?" Senjuro asked politely.

"I'm (L/n) (Y/n), Shadow Pillar of the Demon Slayer Corp!" (Y/n) introduced formally, "And this is Kamado Tanjiro, a Demon Slayer." (Y/n) smiled kindly at Senjuro. "And I assume you are Senjuro?" (Y/n) presumed.

Senjuro smiled and bowed his head in respect, "That would be me!" He then looked up with stars in his eyes, "If you're a Pillar, you work with my brother right? How is he? He hasn't been home yet!" Senjuro smiled giddily.

(Senjuro will be 7 in this)

(Y/n)'s smile dropped, Tanjiro placing a hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder.

(Y/n) took a deep breath before smiling a small smile, but with a serious tone, "Senjuro, may I speak with you and your father? I can sense he's inside." (Y/n) pointed to the door.

Senjuro nodded and led them inside, nervous at (Y/n)'s serious tone.

Once inside, (Y/n) and Tanjiro sat down on the Tatami mats, Senjuro disappearing to get his father.

They heard yelling and clattering, making (Y/n) nervously look to the hallway where Senjuro disappeared to.

The slam of a door was heard and silence, before Senjuro came back holding the left side of his face, his face twisted in pain, tears welling in his eyes.

(Y/n) immediately stood up and rushed to Senjuro's aid, gently removing his hand. It revealed a red mark adorning the poor male's face, obviously from being slapped harshly.

(Y/n)'s face twisted in anger before he looked concernedly at Senjuro. (Y/n) gently pulled Senjuro him and picked him up, Senjuro clinging to (Y/n)'s haori. Senjuro's shoulders then shook in silent sobs, his face stinging in pain.

Senjuro didn't know why he was doing this, he had just met the (h/c) male. But something about him was so familiar and warm, his haori smelling like lavender and the softest of scents. It was comforting, something he hadn't felt in such a long time.

(Y/n) gently rubbed Senjuro's back, shushing him comfortingly, "It'll be okay..." (Y/n) reassured, Senjuro's heaving sobs slowly calming down to sniffles.

Tanjiro had watched the interaction in awe, he hadn't seen (Y/n) ever interact with little kids, but he had a feeling (Y/n) would be good with them.

(Y/n) then looked to Tanjiro and gestured to where Senjuro had come from, Tanjiro getting the message and determinedly nodding his head. He got up and left to go confront, who (Y/n) was guessing, was Senjuro's father.

(Y/n) walked to their Engawa and sat down, sitting criss cross. (Y/n) placed Senjuro on his lap, letting the young boy hug his body.

(Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes peered at Senjuro and spoke softly, "Do you mind telling me what happened?" (Y/n) asked gently.

Senjuro rubbed his eyes with his wrist before gently shaking his head, "He hit me...again..." Senjuro whispered quietly.

(Y/n) kept his composure, "Who did?" He gently prodded.

"My father...Rengoku Shinjuro...the previous Flame Pillar..." Senjuro answered, before sniffling again. "Nii-San protects me from him...I want him to come home now..."

(Y/n)'s heart broke, "Senjuro..." (Y/n) spoke quietly, "...do you know the reason for my visit?" (Y/n) asked.

Senjuro shook his head, his innocent eyes peering up at (Y/n).

(Y/n) looked heartbroken, "Listen to me okay?" (Y/n) started.

"Your brother, Rengoku Kyojuro, has passed in the line of battle, fighting valiantly till his last breath."

Senjuro sat shocked, tears once again welling in his eyes. He felt as though he couldn't breath, his throat closing up on him.

"Y-you're lying...you're joking!" Senjuro slowly got up, backing up from (Y/n), who watched with sullen eyes.

Senjuro then noticed the bandages peaking from his clothes, and on his chest.

"How did I not realize sooner? A Pillar wouldn't come to the house for no reason..." Senjuro's thought clicked together.

Senjuro fell to his knees in front of (Y/n), falling onto his forearm, tears falling onto the tatami mats. His eyes rapidly darted around, before shutting them in a panic.

"I-it's hurts." Senjuro cried, holding his chest as though he was in physical pain.

Something then landed on his head, making Senjuro's head snap up, tears rolling down his plump face.

It was (Y/n) kneeling over him, his hand resting on his head, his eyes showing regret.

Senjuro then jumped at (Y/n), making (Y/n) stumble band fall on his back from the sudden weight, Senjuro hugging (Y/n)'s body like a lifeline. He sobbed and hiccuped, feeling physically sick, unable to think straight.

(Y/n) hugged him back, a few tears of his own falling down his face.

"I know...it hurts..." (Y/n) whispered, Senjuro hearing every word coming from his mouth, "Like the world has ended...the one person you didn't want gone...left..." (Y/n) said quietly. "You feel as though you'll never be happy again...the darkness engulfing your very being..."

(Y/n) shifted Senjuro so that he would be crying into the crook of his neck, holding Senjuro close to him.

"It hurt so much..." Senjuro gripped on his Yukata right above where his heart was.

"I know..." (Y/n) shut his eyes.

"But without pain, would we truly know what happiness is?"

(Y/n) asked.

Senjuro blinked the tear in his eyes, a tear rolling down his face. (Y/n) gently wiped the tear from Senjuro's cheek, smiling gently.

"You can't have good times without the bad ones, just like you can't have a rainbow without the rain."