Scared

Just a small continuation of the last chapter.

"You know nothing of what I've gone through." Shinobu said angrily. "You come in here and give me advice, when you yourself is broke!" Shinobu looked at (Y/n).

"And who are you stop me! It's my life! Who are you to stop me from ending it?!"

(Y/n) was shocked by her words, gripping his hands into a fist and unfurling them.

"Shinobu, this isn't your end. Everyone has a happy ending, maybe not now, maybe not for a while, but everyone has one. And if you aren't happy..." (Y/n) walked up to her and kneeled down to her defeated posture.

"Then this isn't your end."

"But...everything is falling apart." Shinobu looked up to (Y/n), "And...I've treated you so bad." She looked back down to the ground quickly in shame.

But again, a gentle hand lifted her head back up.

Shinobu couldn't help it, she looked deep into (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes. They held the same warmth and kindness they always had, the very same Kanae had.

"Shinobu, you're in pain. And I think, deep down, you fee life is still worth living. It is nowhere near done for you. But the problem is, you feel the only way to be happy once again, is to gain back what you lost. But you loose people in life, whether it be someone you cared about, or deeply hated. Everything will pass, after all...

All good things must come to an end."

Shinobu blinked before it really sunk in, Kanae was gone. Those times she spent with her, taking care of Kanao, the hugs when she was scared, it was all gone...forever.

"And Shinobu, your life is like a book. There's a bunch of chapters in there, your life written out on those pages. But what you must think, is that, once you shut this book, it's over. And if went back to read this book..."

Shinobu waited in baited silence.

"Would you be satisfied with what the book had to tell?"

Shinobu realized that she hadn't really done much with her life, really only spending it trying to find a way to get revenge for Kanae.

"I..." She started.

"Tell the truth now, I hate liars." (Y/n) said semi-firm, semi-gently.

"I wouldn't be happy with it." Shinobu took a deep breath.

"Well then, there's no time like the present!" (Y/n) smiled brightly, like he was lighting up the whole room.

He stood up, and held out a hand to Shinobu. She saw his hands, they were just like those of the people who actually took their job as a Demon Slayer seriously, calloused and scarred.

Shinobu put her cold hand into his warm one, the familiar warmth flooding her hand.

"But...I don't know where to start...and..." Shinobu shoved down her pride, "I'm scared." She admitted.

(Y/n) clenched onto her hand tighter,

"It's okay to be scared. It's okay to cry. Everything is okay. But giving up is never the option."

Kind of a short chapter, but prepare yourselves for what is to time 🙃